Possible Scam Email???

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I just got an email with the name John E. Renstrom on it, with nothing in the subject line. I opened it thinking that maybe Ed had a car he wanted to trade with me, or something like that. However, when I opened it, there were advertisements with pictures, when I tried to exit, it asked me if I was sure that I didn't want to buy anything. That is when I became concerned and I shut down my computer. I am assuming it is a scam of some sort.

Ed, did you send me that email?

not I, at least not knowingly. I'm always getting this type of stuff from my grand kids. funny thing is they haven't used that account for 5 years now. if it's from me it will have something in the subject line.

Bill, and everyone else, I seem to get these from time to time from many PCS members, and others from my contact list. If they dont have a subject I usually do not open them. Lately they have been saying FOR JOHN, and that dont sound right either so I just delete.
That being said, if I send an Email to anyone there will ALWAYS be a subject line. If not its not from me.

I haven't seen any spam e-mails through this site, we must have a filter that works well. I have gotten numerous such spam e-mails (not from Ed), if it doesn't have a subject and/or it doesn't have something specific in the text that sounds like it's coming from the sender and directed specifically at you, it's probably a spam.

Now if I could only get rid of "Rachel from Cardholder Services" on the phone....

Bill, and everyone else, I seem to get these from time to time from many PCS members, and others from my contact list. If they dont have a subject I usually do not open them. Lately they have been saying FOR JOHN, and that dont sound right either so I just delete.
That being said, if I send an Email to anyone there will ALWAYS be a subject line. If not its not from me.

Thanks John, I generally don't either, but this time was an exception.

the problem is they hack your name from some public site you loge into or order from then attach it to there spam. all they are looking for is some way to get around the filter on your computer. we have all got them and at some point opened them up. kind of like walking in the park and steping on dog do. hate that when it happends

Back