California Car Covers

I am planning on buying a cover from here when I get my hearse. I've seen calcarcover.com mentioned here a few times, so I wanted to see what everyone recommends.

I'm looking at the Superweave Premium Custom cover, but as far as sizing goes, how do you specify the vehicle size? I have heard that 90s Suburban covers fit but other than that I have not yet seen a custom dimensions option and i dont think choosing a 75 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 formal Limo is going to give me what I need.

Can anyone offer any wisdom here?

I ordered California Car Covers for our funeral coaches many years ago. If I recall correctly, the manufacturer required detailed measurements of the car, including side mirrors. They may have even provided a "work sheet" to fill in the appropriate numbers.

I was very happy with the finished product, however the covers were quite heavy, and some of the staff didn't like fighting with them.

Been using them now for a number of years.in our climent you get about 5 years out of one. They will custom build one for you give you a sheet that you provide the meserments to a points they need. The do have a pattern for a hearse if you just want a general fit.

Awesome, thanks for the information. I sent them an email, maybe they will send me this sheet. I want to get it prepared so if I buy this 75 this weekend I can quickly get an order in before we start getting snow

Blake, while they provide an in depth form to put measurements, they have done many for hearses and limousines, back in mid 90's, I had covers made for my '72 Superior and '73 M-M... they apparently have a list or database of what they have built. If you trust this (and I have been lucky with it) it sure is an easier way to do it. I would simply tell them my car and see what they have done before might work.
The cover I have now was built to fit the '73 M-M and '76 M-M... but what time it has ended being used (in a covered shed) it was over the '90 Superior Chevrolet. It was a little big, but was fine. The key with these covers is to get you a short rope to attach to the two plastic attachments that run midline of the cover, attach the rope, throw it under the car and attach to the other side... it will do wonders when the wind gets up, as the front and rear have the elastic areas.
I like the Noah covers but there are different covers for different needs and climates...

Yeah the Noah does look good as it looks to be all around, and have better ding protection. If it fits a 76 it will surely fit a 75. Will let you all know how things go

So I did the measurements myself and was way off. Does anyone by chance have a custom cover for anything close to my 68 M&M combination?

Here is an email from them:

Blake, do you have the name of someone that has a cover that will fit yours? We keep all the patterns on file, but typically do not use them unless someone asks for one that they verified the fit. Every cover we make has a part number too, on a hearse it would be 4 letters either under the CCCC logo on the front or on a bar code on the inside of the cover near the front.

Regards,
Jason

Cover

Here is a cover I got from them for a 72 S&S hearse I had, should work no problem I have used it on a lot of other ones. just have them double chk the # .

Attachments

• 20180102_130718[1].jpg
    20180102_130718[1].jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 141
I would say no, since if they make a pocket for the light, once you get the cover on, it will be difficult to get it off of the light. The light will just be a protrusion that the cover will go over. Just like mirror pockets, they can be more of a nuisance than a benefit. You just want the cover to keep the car clean and dry. Don't overthink this, because it might just bite you.

the 72 will be a snug fit but will go over the car. I'm using one on the 67 and find it a longer nose then the newer car. that means you can't pull it all the way down. the measurements they need as simple. it just takes two people to do them and about 15 minuets

the 72 will be a snug fit but will go over the car. I'm using one on the 67 and find it a longer nose then the newer car. that means you can't pull it all the way down. the measurements they need as simple. it just takes two people to do them and about 15 minuets

Yeah I was measuring all alone and found it very difficult. 2 people would have made it easier, and probably more accurate

I just received and installed my new cover for the 2002 Meteor, Mercury Grand Marquis. I ordered it thru eBay and the seller was Cover Shield. I ordered the 24' 7L Executive cover, $94.95 as I had purchased covers before and they were always too short, most of our other hearses were Cadillacs and taller. This cover is great, looks to be UV resistant, the cheap covers sun rot, and water resistant. Again it is a nice cover, but order the correct size, 24" is too big for the Meteor, as Glenda says better too big than too small, that what she says about everything. It is heavy and comes shipping free in a vacuum pack, thaw it before unfolding. Would highly recommend.

Back