Oxygen Bottle Mount/Hardware.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Fischer

PCS Member
One of the few things missing in the 70 Superior is the aluminum O2 bracket,like the one shown from my 72....

If anyone has a spare or knows of any leads I would be very greatful......

I need the COMPLETE bracket and mount......

Does not have to be mint just usable......

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.....:)

th_001-1.jpg

th_002-1.jpg

Does anyone know the years that this style of bracket was used by Superior ??
also did any other coach builders use this style...??
Thanks in advance........

They're still in current production, we had one on the ambo we just replaced, and it was an option on the new one. But we chose something that does less damage to the tanks.

are there holes drilled for it? it possible that this one did not ever have one. check behind the front jump seat. they had the bottles mounted in the cabinet there on most of them.

are there holes drilled for it? it possible that this one did not ever have one. check behind the front jump seat. they had the bottles mounted in the cabinet there on most of them.

Ed,
Here is a picture of the o2 set up...it has the cutouts for the base,and even has a wall mount flowmeter BETWEEN the o2 bottles,so you have to use a e tank and a smaller tank ?? have not seen that before..plus it makes it awkward to see the gauge when you have a patient....????
And there are holes behind the bottles.....
I am thinking somebody thought since the brackets were aluminum they would take them and recycle them.....:confused:

2012Christmas70Superior082.jpg

the flow meeter would be for a big bottle most likely stored behind the front seat. they would not put a flow meter between the portables what propose would it serve. the Ohio fitting has a O2 hose on the other end see were it goes. in house means a big bottle somewhere. thats a different set up but I like the roller doors on the cabinets.

Yep,Thats why I said I have never seen this type of set up....the cabinet has a wall (for the flowmeter)recepticle mounted right between the bottles !! Strange......
I traced the hose and it goes thru the cabinets down to the big tank just below and to the right of the portable tanks....so somebody mounted it there... who knows what they were thinking.....

are you sure the portable bottles went there. I have never see mounted portables and in house on the same rig. pull the bottles off and lets see that set up with out them covering everything. normal with in house you have a small bottle in a jump kit that you would take in, then switch to the big bottle when you got into the car. can you post a pictures of were the big bottle is located and how you change it.

with that set up spread out they way it is they would have to have been single mount for each bottle. the double set up would have the bottles closer together. I guessing that if the car did not have in house then with those cabinets the bottles would have been mounted there. and that is the reason for the depressions cut in to the cabinets. they of course would only have one set up with gages the other in reserve.

whats the box on the divider widow?

are you sure the portable bottles went there. I have never see mounted portables and in house on the same rig...
That seems like a common set up, ambulances did sometimes have both a large tank and small tanks. With two Es, the regulator would be above the cabinet as you have it, and the second would probably have been a full spare.

Your first photo shows the correct item you need. One will turn up.

Make that two as I need one as well for my '72 Pontiac. I have been toying with 4" PVC pipe bracket since mine is inside the cabinet. It would be nice to find the right piece.

Thanks for the great pictures. I was at a loss as to how it was held in.

are you sure the portable bottles went there. I have never see mounted portables and in house on the same rig. pull the bottles off and lets see that set up with out them covering everything. normal with in house you have a small bottle in a jump kit that you would take in, then switch to the big bottle when you got into the car. can you post a pictures of were the big bottle is located and how you change it.

with that set up spread out they way it is they would have to have been single mount for each bottle. the double set up would have the bottles closer together. I guessing that if the car did not have in house then with those cabinets the bottles would have been mounted there. and that is the reason for the depressions cut in to the cabinets. they of course would only have one set up with gages the other in reserve.

whats the box on the divider widow?

Ed,
Here are a couple of pictures of the set up...as you can see there are holes in the side of the cabinet for the O2 brackets.....it does look like they had SEPERATE brackets/holders for the e tanks vs one holder/bracket as in the 72.
The Ohio wall set up in this location is REALLY strange to me.....but they did do some strange things back then...lol....

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

it sure does look to be the single holders from the screw holes. if you use two of the D cylinders they will be under the flow meter. it is a strange one. the location of the bottle there is a lot hander then behind the seat. looks like they still have the steel bottle in the hole and the high pressure regulator. different looking inverter. check the corners of the tool box see if they tossed the holders in there. but I would guess they found the set up unhandy and just removed them. the car is one nice find. my 72 had all the original stuff tucked away in places to. keep looking no telling what will turn up.

but it shows you how many ambulances I have got to play in. this 69 of Paul's has E tank storage and in house to.:D:eek:

I ran out of Superior ambulances in the 70s. In the straight ambulances, they used oxygen brackets that were a "circle" and the cylinders were held secure by 2 thumb screws which were then loosened to remove the cylinder. Most combos that I saw used a double holder that mounted on the bulkhead and used the thumb screws. There was not a base. Both models slid into the mounting bracket from the top.

One of the few things missing in the 70 Superior is the aluminum O2 bracket,like the one shown from my 72....

If anyone has a spare or knows of any leads I would be very greatful......

I need the COMPLETE bracket and mount......

Does not have to be mint just usable......

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.....:)

th_001-1.jpg

th_002-1.jpg

Jim,
Are you still in need of this bracket? I have a good used one if you are.

O2 Bracket

Thanks Kurt,but I was able to locate one....:thumbsup:

Dont know if you saw on the other post about "switches"..but I replied that I could use 2 if they are the same ones pictured.....

Thanks again !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back