1981 Cadillac Flower Car - $1 w/Reserve

I am always amused with these "flower car" conversions. The builders were so proud of them that they refrained from putting their names on these creations. While we know of a few of the company's that made these, I'm sure that there were more than have been officially recorded. Kind of makes you wonder who built this one.

Looks like another Wolfington Body Co. or Metropolitan with those 4 doors. But, you're right. You can search high and low and no body tag. No Motor= no loss as that was one of those low horse 5.0's again.

How early of an engine will fit into this car? Is it safe to assume that the emission controls on the engine will need to be transferred to the replacement older engine, and that it will work without a lot of modification?

it would have to be late enough to use the throttle body not enough of a engine man to know when they changed the bolt holes in the intake. but a proper 307 would not be that hard to find and if you want more power change the rear end gears.

Engine not a 5.0, distributer is in the front.
Its a 368 cubic incher with the computer controlled 4-6-8 cylinder set up to try and save gas. Valve cover shape tells me so as well.
That having been said, it started life as a plain Caddy. A commercial chassis one would have been a straight 368 c.i.d. until 1984 (I think).

1981 Cadillac Flower car just sold for $382.00. I bid it up, but stopped bidding because it was a reserve auction, and I was afraid of hitting the reserve. Had I had any idea that the reserve was going to be taken off, and how inexpensively it could have been bought, I probably would have bid more, not that I need another car.

Engine not a 5.0, distributer is in the front.
Its a 368 cubic incher with the computer controlled 4-6-8 cylinder set up to try and save gas. Valve cover shape tells me so as well.
That having been said, it started life as a plain Caddy. A commercial chassis one would have been a straight 368 c.i.d. until 1984 (I think).

Looks like it was built from a limousine.

You didn't miss out on anything here Paul. Your time is better spent working on what you already have!

I would say that $800 would be the top end of what this thing's worth in its present condition...... especially with it being a body shop re-work of a Series 75!

Back