Car Covers For Pro-Cars

Josh Gentry

PCS Member
Car Covers For Pro-Cars?

I know this has ben brought up before, but does anyone know if anyone makes car covers for Pro-Cars? I'm in the middel of doing a lot of body work, and right now the 67 M-M is really the only one I'm trying to keep all the dust off of, so its ben sitting outside for a couple weeks now. I'd much rather have a cover over it so I can still keep it inside. I don't like my cars sitting outside if I don't have to. I'm not looking for something that causts a arm and a leg, its going to be kept inside, I'm just looking to keep the dust off of it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Josh

Josh, when looking for a cheap car cover for the '67, it's highly recommended you NOT buy the hearse car covers on "buy it now" through ebay. A guy on another procar forum bought one for his hearse & it literally fell apart within a few weeks. It was guaranteed... so he called them. He explained that the hearse cover fell apart, which quickly turned into the rep making fun of him & singing "ghostbusters" while other people began singing it too in the background. He hung up & called back... which was enough time for them to find the song online & play it for him... loudly with no other reply.

Josh

Hugger Car Covers just made 2 for both my '62s.

I have a friend with a '60 and a '70 who got his covers from them as well.

They use a heavy cotton and the covers are awesome.

You can pick the material color and even the thead color !

My friend got black with red thread, I got black covers and thread.

They are custom made just outside Toronto and they ship anywhere.
Impressive place. A lot of there business gets shipped to the US.

The are 420.00 CDN each

905-857-1800 Marsha
Tell her Darren send you.

I also got a couple off ebay and they are good too if you just want a
cheap cover. about 100.00 delivered.
I can find out where I got them if you are interested in knowing.

Hope this helps,
Darren

the cheep ones don't last but I have one here I'll use on the 68 threw the winter. of if all you need it for is the dust cover and you'll keep the car inside they will work. other then that I have been able to get at least 8 years out of the cal custom covers. they run about 300 bucks. but none of them keep the dust out. when ever you uncover the car it's covered with dirt. that they do keep out is the sunlight stop the freeze thaw cycle on the cars finish . so if all you want is to keep off dust for a few weeks get a couple of fitted king size sheets and pin them together in the center.

Everyone I know seems to have really good luck with custom covers from California Car Cover. Not all of their covers are listed online, so you may have to call to let them know what cover you need. I think Jerry has a custom one from them, where he gave them his car's measurements.

If you are looking for something just to keep dust off the car, then head down to the local airport where the parachute people hang out, and see if you can purchase an old parachute or two that they no longer use. I know of a complete Packard collection that is covered with parachutes. These are the old silk ones, but today, finding one of those is going to be difficult. Just go for the next best thing. Here is a 35' military parachute on ebay with a $55 buy it now price with $17 shipping. That means that you can cover your car for under $75!!! If you don't care about some rips or tears, you can find them on ebay for a lot less.

bed sheets

I use bed sheet safety pinned in the center also but they don't keep out the dust. I cover the two cars with bed sheets the hoods get sheets and a quilt for extra padding then I use plastic over the sheets that works great. the sheets can be washed in the wifes washer and dryer when she is not home and the plastic can be easly replaced when the paint and bondo dust gets everywhere and the sheets protect the paint from the plastic scraching when you pull it off

I just ordered one in the last few months from California Car Cover Company for the '76 M-M... they have some measurements for some of the 70's era cars... I have never had to do measurements for mine and I have had them made for the '72 I used to own, and both the '73 and '76.
I like the Noah cover, though I use it under a car shed. The '76 was given a permanent home inside the garage shortly after I got the cover, so the cover is now being used on the '85 Eureka...it's a little big on it but it works...

I also have had great luck with the California Car Covers. They are pricey, but the quality is great. Just like cutting wood, measure twice, cut once! Your measurements will be critical for a hearse. If it doesn't fit, its your fault. They will send you detailed instructions of where and how to measure. You will also need someone to help you take your measurements BEFORE you drink a beer or twelve! You might also include a quality photo of your car.
Worked for me. More than one time too, I might add.

Back