1956 Eureka found

This came out of a reservation in southern Idaho. Anyone know what model of Eureka this is ?
hearse_3.jpg

HEARSE_1.jpg

Cheers,Pat

Agreed.......

I agree with Tony. The crest emblem on the side door and the shape of the rear corner window say Meteor to me. Not to mention the lack of dictinctive Eureka scripts on the car, and on the aluminum scuff panels inside the doors. Tom

Attachments

• 54_45rear3302.jpg
    54_45rear3302.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 314
Since Tom posted such a useful picture

I'll further comment, based on the photo Tom posted of his 1954 Eureka Cadillac landau, that a Eureka is easy to identify - even without badging - by the gentle "forward thrust" of the "C" and "D" pillars. Notice how the Meteor is more "boxy", if you will, as it has a vertical "C" pillar and not quite the smooth "flow" of the "D" pillar.

Not that virtually all professional cars of this era weren't elegant in their own right, but Eureka just had a way of making their cars stand above by that "flowing" effect caused by "C" and "D" pillar design.

:myopinion:

That dip in the lateral chrome body trim on the back door is also a giveaway. The was a design element that was a Meteor exclusive, and there's a little crest above that. The crest has something like the owner's name or initials on it.

All of these styling highlights immediately identify this as a Meteor. In addition, the flowing, chrome Meteor script nameplates are still in place on the rear fenders.

Back