back to here

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we have made it back to this stage on the 58. our first attempt was not as successful as I had hoped for due mainly to equipment frailer. the new paints require a much finer fluid tip then I have been using for a number of years. luckily we had one almost fine enough for the old Develbes. so glass is all in and the weather seals are in place got the hangers for the rocker molding screwed to the body this time before we painted. the trim hanging should go quickly and we can get this old gal back on the road. been a long winded project up to now but it looks to be on the down hill slide now. we get it up and running before I wear out it will be nice to see it go home,:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_2415a.jpg
    IMG_2415a.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2418a.jpg
    IMG_2418a.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 336
nice to see this one starting to look like a car again we are having to remake a lot of the fasteners for the moldings so that assembly is going slow. but I'm figuring we can have the headlights in by this weekend. now if I can just find were I put that mirrior glass for the right side I'll get it on.

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2446.jpg
    IMG_2446.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 247
Ed, you are a true artisan. I can't believe what amazing work you do on these cars! You are worth billions, anyone who gets lucky enough to have you work on their cars is lucky and I am envious but proud at what a craftsman you are.

nothing like having fun to keep one busy. there are a lot of benefits with not making a living and having to rush things out. but a lot of negatives to not having a complete shop also. still most things can be done with hand tools and the willingness to fix things not replace them. we do have a lot of stuff in the paint you don't see that will nub off and buff out.

we did a little buffing so had to wash things off here is a shot this evening of the progress so far. out of the direct light the blue in the top really shows up.

Attachments

• IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2469.jpg
    IMG_2469.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 169
one more pictures of it. took the top one 3 years ago just after we got the transmission fixed and the car running again. took the bottom one yesterday as I ran it down town to put some gas in it it.

the car hid the rot will to look at the top pictures you think a dent or two add strip it off and paint it. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1958 changes.jpg
    1958 changes.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 128
Pup enjoying the ride you can tell. NOW to putting the light weight front bumper assembly back on gets lots of help or a good jack for that one. Then there are the Cadillac self locking bumper bolts always a joy. GOOD LUCK and don't slip and scratch that beautiful paint job.

Back