1980 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine FACTORY

1980 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine FACTORY
This vehicle has been in my family since the early 90's and has been cherished, grandfather left me this when he passed away.

As seen in the photos this vehicle is one of a kind and is kept in clean condition with everything working perfectly

My grandfather was a mechanic and always kept this vehicle as his prized possession

The motor was replaced with a 472 GM motor that was fully rebuilt by my grandfather himself and has less than 5000 miles on it!!!! RUNS EXCELLENT http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Fl...cafb526f:g:onwAAOSw9eVXWmlv&item=252513571439

He will have a tough time getting his opening bid amount, much less his "Buy It Now" or reserve price!

Seller's price is very unrealistic-there's just not much of a market for these cars. 80's are nice because the blue upholstery was darker than in subsequent years, and the 368 w/ 4bbl carburetor was arguably more reliable than the V8-6-4 f.i. setup that followed in the limos.

The engine swap could be a problem in Ca. If the engine was not a option for a particular model and you swap in different engine ,you have to jump thru more than a few hoops to make it legal .This would require a smog inspection every other year for registration. Might be a big problem here.

It looks like a sharp car to me. But, I don't like the engine swap, although a 472 is a nice engine. The V/8-6-4 is a 368 and when the 8-6-4 setup is disconnected, they seem to be good engines. I agree though, the seller will not most likely realize his price.

Agree engine swap would be a big issue in Pa. unless registered as an antique then no emission inspection needed. Interesting in Pa. 1995 and back to 1975 vehicles require emission inspection must be done on treadmill system not OBDII system. The stations with the system are getting few and far between as when the system fails no one is repairing it. This is designed to force older vehicles off the road and sell new ones. Big ticket for no emission inspection. OH yeah slogan at Cadillac dealers in the early 80s " 8,6,4 and it runs no more".

My 1980 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 is exactly like this one, except mine is in better condition. It was purchased brand new by my parents and left to me. It has 108,000 miles and runs perfectly. It has original engine and has never been touched. The high road miles saves those engines, as the lubrication is the key. Everything works as new.
Mike

One thing seen since the early 80s oil has improved greatly.I had a guy from Mobile here at the yard and he was telling me of the reaserch being done on additives and the improvements in both oil and lubricants that were going to make everything lubracated last longer. Hey Crown Victorias with 400k on the motors and 4000 idle hours better oil??? YESSS!!!

get every bit of power out they can. more power means better millage. soon it will be like spark plugs, change your oil ever 100k and pay a grand to do it

My 1980 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 is exactly like this one, except mine is in better condition. It was purchased brand new by my parents and left to me. It has 108,000 miles and runs perfectly. It has original engine and has never been touched. The high road miles saves those engines, as the lubrication is the key. Everything works as new.
Mike

Are you selling your limo?

Back