Oops...

Lead cars stops, preacher runs in to the lead car, hearse runs in to the preacher, family runs in to the hearse.

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 411
don't look like it hurt the running of it none. tape a new headlight in and your good to go. so just how fast was the procession going?

This your firm Richard?
I can't imagine the insurance claim on this one. Ron Hast used to tell a story of a California Funeral Director in the lead car who got engaged in a conversation with the minister riding with him, got distracted, and drove the entire procession to the funeral director's residence...

What the heck is the preacher doing driving in the procession anyway?? I have never heard of the preacher driving in the procession. The preacher always rides shotgun in the lead car or the hearse.

What the heck is the preacher doing driving in the procession anyway?? I have never heard of the preacher driving in the procession. The preacher always rides shotgun in the lead car or the hearse.

I recall a couple of situations where the preacher/priest had another commitment soon after the funeral, and didn't have the time to hang around the cemetery, only to be driven back to the church. In these situations, he took his own car. Not a common occurrence, but it did happen.

The preacher will be primarily at fault. Each car, except the lead car, will have some liability as they failed to maintain control.

I would say who the hearse drive was, however, I like living, and there is no way that I am going to do anything that will cause the Godfather to take a contract out on me... :D

Any time you rear-end anyone for any reason you are going to have some liability. In this case, the preacher was responsible for the innitial impact, so he will have the greatest % of liability.

Hearse is totaled and I'm attempting to purchase if I can get it at the right price. My mechanic/body guy can fix that but doubt SCI vehicle division will sell it cheap. As stated, lots of great parts And a great drive train.

Is SCI self insured? If so yes you will have to deal with their corporate Eagles. IF not contact the adjuster handling the claim tell him you would like to buy/retain the salvage. Since the company (SCI) is the actual owner he may not be able to do this. I think Fla, is like Pa. the vehicle must be issued a Salvage Title. You will have to go through whatever Flas. reconstuct Procedure is, usually not that complicated. The easy way if ins. co. will cooperate is to have them issue a check for repairs less the value of the salvage and you buy the Coach from SCI. I know with large Corps. this is sometimes beyond their ability. I have delt with this for many long years if I can help PM me with phone number as typing is not one of my better skills.

But first think on it. Yes you can, yes good parts are there but do you really want to make this your savings account?the car fixed correctly with a salvage title is worth about half what it is with a clear title. So resale is off even years after you rebuilt it and have twice the miles but on trouble fee. Now then you can part it out. That takes time space and a lot more effort the most people think. You will still have pieces around for years. Now then if its something you want to keep don't care about resale that is a different story. You can end up getting half the money into one.

I rebuilt my first one in trade school 72 grand Torino. I had the only year old 4 door with a GT hood. But that was before salvage titles.

All of funeral service is regional, whatever happens in one part of the country is foreign to us in another part of the country.
Around here, the minister rarely rides with the lead car, it is normal for us to line up the ministers in their individual car in the procession.
1. Law Enforcement lead 2. FH lead car 3. Ministers 4. Pallbearers 5. Hearse 6. Family 7. Other extended family and friends.
In many areas I hear the funeral is lead by the hearse for safety purposes, the fd says it is more clear that it is a funeral procession.
In our area, a typical service is going to have the lead car, hearse and van, I don't want it to sound bad, but I am glad we don't have a responsibility to get a minister or ministers back to the original place of service. These vehicles will go back to the office at different times from the cemetery dependent on what the personnel driving them are doing.

Things have changed today Ed the reconstucted cars we are selling today are at about 20%off retail. When it comes to cop cars reconstucted little or no $$ difference as redone ones are usually low miles. Due to the fact that even vehicles with minor damage are being salvaged today the public has become more accepting of "reconstucted" vehicles. In most states now if the insurance company takes title to a damaged vehicle no matter how minor the damage it must be salvaged. Here in Pa. even if the owner keeps the damaged car and the ins. Co. deducts the salvage value from his check, the law does not allow him to be paid until a salvage title is obtained in his name. Then he must go through reconstuction procedure after repairs are made.

Many years ago, I bought a 2001 Cadillac DTS from a rebuilder in CA. The car was originally written off in GA. Once it was repaired in CA, I paid him about 30% less than what they were retailing for. I don't remember if the CA title showed it as a salvage or not, but when I moved to AZ and re-titled it here, the title was clean.

The downside is that whenever I took the car to a Cadillac dealership for any type of repair, they ran the VIN and said it was "branded", which meant they would not offer any warranty on any repairs that they completed. Also, at trade-in time, no dealer was interested, not even the "buy here pay here" lots. It ended up in the "cash for clunkers" program, but I did get a few good years of use out of it.

Hearse is totaled and I'm attempting to purchase if I can get it at the right price. My mechanic/body guy can fix that but doubt SCI vehicle division will sell it cheap. As stated, lots of great parts And a great drive train.

What model year is that coach? Would you be buying it to flip it, or keep it? If buying it to flip, you would want to get it repaired really quickly, as those years depreciate quickly.

Back