federal 17-D

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
the UPS driver stopped by the house and dropped this light off to me. so I put it on the 73. the skirt is just about at the can't use it stage as it been trimmed a few times but then so is the 73. first time I have had to get a good look at how federal did them. to answer the question asked earlier. yes you could make a 17 into a 17D easily. as it's all in the plate and bolt. any way tore it apart and put it back together again. this was the most common light I know of for combinations cars. now all I need to find is the plug set up for the 72. that way I can trade the light from one to the other. all you have to deal with is the hot wire as the light grounds threw the bolt. other pictures here. http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2009-04-16/13:32:43

Attachments

• IMG_5069.jpg
    IMG_5069.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 63
This is what I would suggest that you use for the connectors. You might be able to source these from NAPA or Carquest. I got mine from a old car parts supplier, however, they were dropping them from the catalog for lack of sales, so I don't know if there are any left. I would offer to send you some of mine, but I only ordered enough to do what I needed with no spares. They price them as if they were gold.. :(

Attachments

• MVC-009L.JPG
    MVC-009L.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 51
I had to redo the little bit of video I had something about a new antivirus program I had put in stopped them from being up loaded.
thanks Doug for the offer . been looking for one for some time. the quick coupler is a easy one to work. I would have to see it it would go threw the tube. should though. they have a bullet connector on it right now and were that looks like a splice it is really a female bullet connector. but like everything you get now if you don't have both of them from the same source they don't fit right.
if one wanted to and had the pass threw. you could making the plate and mounting a 17 or any one of the other lights this way. the advantage of the 17 is it tough enough to take the man handling and light enough to get off and on. that's a long reach for a short legged fat man. :D now storage. what did they do to keep from braking the light. the peg makes it so it won't sit flat. letting it roll around can't be good either. upside down in the bucket is the only thing I can think of. just what did they do to keep the light handy and still safe??

Back