1970 Suburban ambulance

I would question the "very original" comment. There is very little "original" in the driver's compartment!

The only thing that doesn't belong to Stoner in the interier is the radio. That was there high end interier. But small engine no power brake or AC. 1/2 ton, Bet it doesn't have power steering either. Who ever ordered that one was looking for show not go.

I would question the "very original" comment. There is very little "original" in the driver's compartment!

The only thing that doesn't belong to Stoner in the interier is the radio. That was there high end interier. But small engine no power brake or AC. 1/2 ton, Bet it doesn't have power steering either. Who ever ordered that one was looking for show not go.

All of the driver's compartment upholestery and carpet appear to be original. What isn't - is perhaps that switch panel. The wiring under the hood includes a number of components not found in my 1969 Stoner-Chevrolet, and many appear modern. I wonder if the dual battery setup is original - that was an option then. I'd love to see the options sticker. The mirrors are new - these seemed to often have Coronado "West Coast" mirrors, but the OEM mirror screw pattern appears to be left behind on the passenger side?

The patient compartment looks good overall. The rear cover to the bench seat is missing. The compartment up front under the medicine cabinet is for an H-cylinder per their brochure. As this car does not have rear AC, there's a partition cabinet up top. It is hard to tell, but it appears it may not have ever had curtain rods. It does appear to have all the removable stretcher hooks - which is great! If anyone in the Society buys this or knows who does, please get me some photos of those hooks as I'm missing one...

You're sure that that school bus upholstery job on those bucket seat is original? It looks like the vinyl was just stretched over the top of Chevy Blazer bucket seats(you can see the "ghost" of what is beneath the vinyl). Awefully crude upholstery job.

You're sure that that school bus upholstery job on those bucket seat is original? It looks like the vinyl was just stretched over the top of Chevy Blazer bucket seats(you can see the "ghost" of what is beneath the vinyl). Awefully crude upholstery job.

Yes, that is standard Stoner. Note same material on the console and doors panels. My 1969 Stoner-Chevrolet is the only one i’ve seen with the OEM seats and door panels.

PCS Member Michael Catalano has cataloged them all at http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/stoner-ambulance/

that was the way they did it and used 10,000 screws doing so. yes now that i'm on the computer I see it is 3/4 ton. but the no power brake? the no AC would make it a up north rig. the custom wiring under the hood is not Stoner.

Nick, the hanging from the ceiling hardware is the same as used by MM. the removable side ones were stoner.

he has it priced like it was a suburban. it's not, it is a ambulance and not worth suburban price

Indeed the seller is asking restored Suburban money now. Here is the first discussion when it was up for sale in July:

http://professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21410&highlight=Suburban

Last asking then was $8,600 and now with new wheels (the originals looked so much better) and a bit of tidying up under the hood the seller has somehow found over $10k more value? That's a huge reach, esp. with a small engined 3/4 ton truck with the weakest brakes offered and no A/C.

Here's the SPID label I was able to get from the seller last go around.

2v2JhyTBzx3RqKh.jpg

Yep, it came with the dual battery option. Bucket seats were available in Suburbans and Panels those years mostly as a fleet option and they differed from the versions in the Blazer.

Back