Southern classics

No, not referring to Danny... Referring to a couple local listings on CL and one at a local yard.

1951 Cadillac ambulance

5N55Y15Kf3I43l43H2c4388c952a02bba1f78.jpg

1951 Cadillac hearse

5L35Fd5M73k63F93Lcc459ec00485141f1d6d.jpg

1941 LaSalle hearse

SANY0049-300x225.jpg

Check out that spare tire door on the left side of the white 51 Cad Ambo........What Attila was talking about in a different post today!

Didn't notice that, but thought the '51 hearse was interesting in that is has little corner windows on the back side glass. Never noticed these on a coach before.

One of the quick ways to distinguish between those two coach builders is seeing where that door is hinged: Superior at waistline; Miller a couple inches above waistline.

So this is a Miller then, right?

military ambulance

I have pictures of a similar military pattern one with the side door that Exclusive ambulance used here in Ottawa. Would be a nice restoration to do but $20,000?

Correct Adam, military ambulance is a Miller. View second line of ID plate (which is mounted to passenger side dash).

Walt is also spot on about Meteor. Those little quarter windows give it away. Rear loading door (and window) are also unique but not as obvious. I've posted pics of like Meteor junkyard coaches before. ;)

Neat finds.

Back