I'm back...

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I will bet that no one even noticed that I was gone, however, I took the Chrysler home to Rhinecliff to be reunited with its past. It was well received, and today while being displayed on the show field at Rhinebeck, a lot of people came by to say that they remember the car, a few said that they were transported in the car, and 3 people said that they had driven the car while it was in service. Heard lots of great stories, and had a great 5 day vacation. Thanks to Moderators Robert Shepard and Dan Herrick for watching the site in my absence..

First off Paul, "Welcome Back" and where are the pictures? Plus let me ask, which moderator is assigned just to watch me Paul?

:weneedpics_smi:

I will bet that no one even noticed that I was gone, however, I took the Chrysler home to Rhinecliff to be reunited with its past. It was well received, and today while being displayed on the show field at Rhinebeck, a lot of people came by to say that they remember the car, a few said that they were transported in the car, and 3 people said that they had driven the car while it was in service. Heard lots of great stories, and had a great 5 day vacation. Thanks to Moderators Robert Shepard and Dan Herrick for watching the site in my absence..

Gone? Humm!

Curly, Larry and Moe? Groucho, Harpo and Chico? The Waiter and the Porter and the Upstairs Maid? ( Just for the H of it, who portrayed the last three characters, from the Johnny Mercer tune of the same name? ) You probably need to be in my advanced age bracket to answer this one.

the waiter.....

Jim,
Bing Crosby was one of the people who recorded this Mercer tune. I didn't have much luck with potrayals.
I still can't beleive Paul was gone.
Mike

Will this prove my absence.... :sleep: For a short time, it got to spend some quality time inside the building next to the brush truck. I was told that the truck was in service when the Chrysler was in that very spot. They shared the garage together back then. Unfortunately, there were no old pictures of the car when it was in service. It was a great time being able to bring "her" home for a few days.. :applause:

Attachments

• MVC-004L.JPG
    MVC-004L.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 125
  • MVC-008L.JPG
    MVC-008L.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 131
  • MVC-012L.JPG
    MVC-012L.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 131
I didn't notice you were gone. I didn't even notice you were here when you were supposed to be here last month around Carlisle, to pick up the stuff you keep saying you want to get from me. Anyway.......

Seriously, that's great that you were able to take your ambulance back to it's original home - like I did last year with the Ambulet. I hope your's was as well-received there as mine was in it's home town. Great picture of the "then and now" ambulances.

strange way to park the pair if you go by the yellow lines on the floor. to bad there were no pictures of the car in service. but then the factory photos and being able to make contact with at least one person that worked building the car is in it's self a miracle of sorts. then the original building is still in use . this car has had it lucky. you need to change it's name from that SOB to That luckly SOB:specool:

strange way to park the pair if you go by the yellow lines on the floor. to bad there were no pictures of the car in service. but then the factory photos and being able to make contact with at least one person that worked building the car is in it's self a miracle of sorts. then the original building is still in use . this car has had it lucky. you need to change it's name from that SOB to That luckly SOB:specool:

In keeping with PCS Protocol, I believe that the proper expression should be daughter, not son........ :argue:

I didn't notice you were gone. I didn't even notice you were here when you were supposed to be here last month around Carlisle, to pick up the stuff you keep saying you want to get from me. Anyway.......

Seriously, that's great that you were able to take your ambulance back to it's original home - like I did last year with the Ambulet. I hope your's was as well-received there as mine was in it's home town. Great picture of the "then and now" ambulances.

I'm waiting to come to Maryland when I can get the bumper for the 1969.. or maybe you can bring it to Albany with you and save me the trip... thanks

I heard the rumors you were gone, but the radio news said that John, George and Ringo were saying it was all a big hoax...

Mike Stevens has identified one of the 3 from "The Waiter, The Porter and the Upstairs Maid." This Mercer tune appeared in a late '30's musical drama called "Birth of the Blues." Bing was the waiter, the great jazz trombonist Jack Teagarden was the porter, and Mary Martin was the upstairs maid. The movie is corny, but the music is first-rate all the way.

Back