Car Show

Terry Lange

PCS Member
Had both of my drivers in the annual Apache Wells car show in Mesa this past Saturday. Falcon Field airport across the street also had their annual car show at the same time, so the field of cars was divided. The AW one still drew over 160 cars. The only hardware I won was a sunburn, but they only had first place plaques for multiple classes.

Attachments

• DSC00637.jpg
    DSC00637.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC00638.jpg
    DSC00638.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 495
Good to see that you got the car out to a show. Sad to say that unfortunately, many people don't care about Professional Cars, and even more don't like hearses specifically. I have been to cruises with my ambulance, and parked next to another car, that the owner will suddenly without any reason, start his car and move to another space. I can only assume that it is because the ambulance makes them uncomfortable. I believe that many people subconsciously associate our vehicles with events in their lives that they would prefer to forget. They never get to learn about the craftsmanship that goes into the building of a Professional Car, but will crowd around a lead sled in the next row, and marvel at the work and craftsmanship that went into creating that vehicle.

Good to see that you got the car out to a show. Sad to say that unfortunately, many people don't care about Professional Cars, and even more don't like hearses specifically. I have been to cruises with my ambulance, and parked next to another car, that the owner will suddenly without any reason, start his car and move to another space. I can only assume that it is because the ambulance makes them uncomfortable. I believe that many people subconsciously associate our vehicles with events in their lives that they would prefer to forget. They never get to learn about the craftsmanship that goes into the building of a Professional Car, but will crowd around a lead sled in the next row, and marvel at the work and craftsmanship that went into creating that vehicle.

So very true....

Interesting observation, Paul. Throughout the day, my Malibu drew much more attention than the Olds, which really surprised me.

......... but the Malibu is so incredibly common! Most people are like a bunch of sheep.... just a bunch of followers!

just the opposite can be true also. the stageway I brought to Gettysburg got drooled over all the way out and all the way back. but in our group barley a nod. we see it for what it is a bottom end come on price car from a cut rate manufacture. not to knock the car it's a rare survivor but way more look at by the general public who don't know there pro car then but us that do. I did get bot the Pontiacs started and driven some this week. no early bird car shows up here.

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpg
    IMG_6427.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 337
Ed,
I have always loved a freak and your 4-door '75 A-S Pontiac is definitely a freak! I would have been all over it!

You do need to dress up that '53 with a set of fender skirts! Do you need me to find you a set?

Ok this is why Im really mad about Jacques Cartier who discovered the wrong part of America ... why Canada isnt Florida !! still a month before a ride, today march 31 I got the Poncho out for a 5 feets ride...

yes, the snow is real and higher than the beacon...

Can't wait to get a ride, shows begins around may 15 north here.

Attachments

• 17492668_10158381882515591_7477342195336940342_o.jpg
    17492668_10158381882515591_7477342195336940342_o.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 330

They're probably just thinking "No one's gonna look at my car with this beauty parked next to it."

Martin you are so right we are too polite,when choosing places for our countries we naturally said "No you go ahead and choose were you want the USA and we will settle for what's left".:D

OK... enough of this Canada vs. United States bashing. You Canadians had your chance to become part of the United States in 1775 & the War of 1812. Too late now!!!

Maybe it's not your car, Paul??? :D

I was invited to a show once with my hearse by the owner of the restaurant who was putting on the show. She had a space reserved for me right by the front door. When I backed in, the guy next to me with a 55-ish Olds, looked at me and said "Do you really have to park THAT next to me?" I replied "Yes I do!". He promptly moved....lol

Kurt, I have a fairly rare ambulance. But I can't help but want a classic muscle car to share the garage with. Besides the wife's Mustang.

Brendan, I agree with you. When the weather is right, a later model classic or muscle car can be an enjoyable and practical every day driver for running around in. A 50 or 60 year old hearse or ambulance.........not so much! I enjoy them both, but for different reasons.

a smaller car is a good alternative for shows I agree. planning to find a '65 beetle for the wife and kids, the Pontiac is a killer on gas but less than the '70 Miller-Meteor was.

Never experienced with a hearse but I know when I used to have an old police cruiser people would take more pictures of a 6K police car than a 45k Mopar, just because there was a lot of them everywhere. When you own a chirtmas tree surrounded by 2-doors-metalflake-chromed-mags pines. Same for the Superior. It remembers them the old movies like Disorderly orderly, good (or bad) memories.

as for bad things I heard, just like Paul Said I had a guy who mooved his car once. Since Im pretty young around other car collectors it's not written on my face I own that big white thing the wife of the guy said "that car was designed to kill the patient" ... yeah... they build an ambulance to kill people lady...

Final car show before "summer heat."

Got the Olds out one more time for the Mesa Community College car show yesterday evening. We're supposed to see our first 100 degree day this weekend, so this car gets parked until October.

Attachments

• DSC00668.jpg
    DSC00668.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00669.jpg
    DSC00669.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00670.jpg
    DSC00670.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00671.jpg
    DSC00671.jpg