Indy 500 ambulances

'74 was the only year where the body side molding extended through the cornering lamp like that. '74 Cads are like the '93 Fleetwoods in that they are something of a morphodite.

I would say that it the Oldsmobile is a Superior, since it doesn't have the traditional C/B logo on the lower rear half of the front fender.

Attachments

• 62 pontiac hearse 098.jpg
    62 pontiac hearse 098.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 196
  • C-B Logo.jpg
    C-B Logo.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 1962 Pontiac CB ambulance in service.jpg
    1962 Pontiac CB ambulance in service.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 195
I would say that it the Oldsmobile is a Superior, since it doesn't have the traditional C/B logo on the lower rear half of the front fender.

Have to disagree with you, Paul. By 1964, C/B had changed to the square badge, and had moved it to the rear quarter panel.

Attachments

• Hedges Olds0001.JPG
    Hedges Olds0001.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 198
One more example, this time a '66. Looks like the C/B emblem moved from the front fender to the rear quarter in '64.

I'm still looking for the New Yorker in the photo. Maybe the guy in the plaid shorts?

Attachments

• 66CB.JPG
    66CB.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 192
the image is fuzzy enough I could not till if it said 98 or new yorker. I could not think of a 98 with that side trim as all the Id marks are covered up in that flat planed right angle box all I could think of was a early 60s Chrysler. but hay I got the general year right:rolleyes:

So if the norm stays the same. The picture is taken in 62. I have noticed in most oh the the cares are about 2 years old. The 59 picture he is being loaded into a 57 ambulance. The 73 shows a 73 combo, a landue one at that.

Back