Right rear drum

I had the rear brakes de-done and my guy says I could use a rear drum. It's not dire but would be nice to replace it before Gettysburg.

Thanks

so thats a standard caddy drum. rock auto will list it so you can get the part number. then you check that number on amazon. buy which ever is cheaper. if you do the amazon you can buy it threw the site and the friends gets a little credit for it. the last on I bought went around 80 bucks.

looks like that guys car needs a little work done on it

From the looks of your bottom shock absorber bushings, I would also replace the shocks before they fall off from rust or the bushings disintegrate to powder.

if you looked up the cc on rock auto that should be it. you can read all the numbers and it gives you the gm number. check you drum and see if they match. they are stamped on the outer edge of the face. but if your getting one get two. have them trimmed before you slip them on

if you looked up the cc on rock auto that should be it. you can read all the numbers and it gives you the gm number. check you drum and see if they match. they are stamped on the outer edge of the face. but if your getting one get two. have them trimmed before you slip them on

Oh oh, technical talk there Ed. Trimmed means.....

TKS

drop it off at your locale parts store so they can check it for true. there is a number stamped on the inside of the drum. that tells them what the maximum inside measurement can be on that drum. what your repair place has told you is that either you drum is at that figure or just over it. there for you are not getting the full contact between the drum and the shoe.

new drums will need to be check for true as a precondition

Back