View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 10:15 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 12,418 Times in 4,066 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lynch View Post
My 79 Seville has AM-FM-CB. Yes, CB... so the antenna is probably a little different. If you want to send it out to have it analyzed and fixed, the only place I found was https://www.theantennasource.com. I had to have a body shop take it out for me - looks like the fender has to come off! Obviously this business is called the antenna source. They are very helpful.
Your car has a particularly difficult to remove antenna, because it has a bend at the bottom, I believe due to a shorter fender. The mast has a load coil at the top, and they are extremely difficult to find, and very expensive.
It is a highly desirable option to have on a Cadillac, and one not often found on most cars. I believe that it was a $300 upgrade to the standard Cadillac radio. I was toying with installing a AM/FM/CB/8 Track radio in the 1978 Superior, and using a standard CB antenna in place of the fender mounted antenna, because of cost.
Last CB antenna mast (separate part) that I saw sell on eBay, the mast sold for just North of $350. Complete OEM AM/FM/CB antenna's were selling for over $500, and that was about 8 or 9 years ago, when you could still find parts for the 1977-1979 Cadillac models. Most of that inventory has since evaporated, and the cars themselves are no longer being found in the pick a part yards. Hard to believe that those cars are 40+ years old.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Steinberg For This Useful Post:
Jon VanDermark (11-07-2019)