1974 Superior Hightop Ambulance

Would be curious to know how many times this seller has been told that this ambulance is not a '74(unless the complete front clip was changed) ! This one has been for sale for a long time and he is going to have a tough time selling it in this condition.

Looks like the bumper is 74 [egg crate lower grill]. You could be correct about the front clip sheet metal being 75 or 76. 71 to 76 could be fit on to a 71 to 76 cowl & frame. I made several inter-changes over the years. Only the vin. will tell for sure.

Fenders and hood are definitely '75/'76. Sounds like even the engine(475c.i.(??) is dis-assembled. The seller will be lucky to get $2000, in its present condition.

I could not agree more about your call on the fenders. 74 fenders had a body line over the cornering light that extended the full fender and went across the hood. 75 - 76 were rounded.
When you take a close look 74 -75 - 76 all had just slightly different grills.

Unfortunately, this rig would have been worth much more had they never touched it. Now, it's basically a parts car.

Is it real?

I saw someone hinting on another site that this was made form a combination coach with the roof added as a type of home-built ambulance. Anyone know the complete story or where (if anywhere) this one served?

I'm afraid I don't have a link. It was somewhere on Facebook a few weeks ago that someone said this guy had been trying to sell this hearse conversion for some time now. Just wondered if there was anything to it or just someone trying to get a better price.

Back