1981 Mercury Hearse

No Denny not mine. It belongs to a friend of mine. His grandfather owned a funeral home in Massachusetts. The remaining rolling stock is this 1981 Mercury, and a very nice 1968 Cadillac limousine. They are keeping the Limousine but will possibly sell the Mercury Hearse. The Funeral Home closed in 2003 and will be sold this Friday.

any interior shots ? if not..... can you go back and document the car before its sold and lost forever ? thanks

I like it even IF it was a Demers

That car looks almost the same as a removal car we had,it was converted by a small shop in Kitchener Ont.but all searches fail to remind me their name,as a removal car it was classy considering most were plain wagons with the Mrs.'s home made drapes.

Brendan... you could always check with Parks to se who built this interesting Mercury conversion. One would think that they would still have the records from when they sold it to your friend. These may indicate who built the car.

Wayne...I believe that you are thinking of Elegante. They did some conversions in the late seventies.

Back in the 70's while working for Reigle Funeral Home in Flint, MI we had two Buick wagons with removal landau panels which were used primarily for removals but on occasion we did use them as the hearse. Always surprised me that Reigle operated three funeral homes doing probably 1800 to 2000 calls annually yet only had one hearse. Plenty of limos though.

Yes, this was their hearse. It is for sale, and probably for short money. I hope to have a dollar amount soon. I don't want it, and my friends father considered destroying it. It will probably good to a used car lot to be sold. More info to follow. If anyone is interested I would be willing to help.

Back