65 Pontiac Bonneville Ambulance

James Fischer

PCS Member
Looks to be a good resto candidate:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4429262712.html

00y0y_coNvZPwmAOB_600x450.jpg

The owner of this ambulance is PCS member Patrick Ward. He is a great guy, very honest and friendly. His father was a partner in a company called American Ambulance.

This ambulance has an interesting history. Patrick really would like to see it stay in the PCS and he very much wants it preserved and restored. He is VERY NEGOTIABLE to the right buyer. Please call him at 559 554 6269 if you have any interest in this ambulance.

Nice !

Congratulations Bill !!:applause:
This one being only about 150 miles from me ,I really had to restrain myself.
But I am glad that you were able to secure it,looking forward to more pictures !!:thumbsup:

usaf

congrats bill !! a friend , back in the day, molded tunnel lites into the hightop and it made a hell of a diffrence in how the car looked. just sayin. whatever you do now you have a ambulance and the wife should be happy. wife's happy, everybodys happy. paint it red!! or air force colors. red!! like i have a voice in the matter...:applause:

kinda makes me wish........

I had a '67 Superior USAF Pontiac.......low headroom, no partition, bare bones unit. It was painted that awful "sheriff=brown" color. I kinda wish I still had it to put it back in USAF blue!:Exclamation:

USAF Strata Blue Paint Code

PPG paint code for Strata Blue is 17634. Gillespie Coatings paint code for Strata Blue is 25045.

Rapco in Bowie, TX carries 25045 USAF Strata Blue. General Jim's in Clare, MI carries it also.

The yellow for door markings, etc. should be Insignia Yellow, but you can use Testors 1214 Gloss Yellow.

From an old military manual:

b) Truck, Ambulance, 3/4 Ton, 4x4, M43 (Series).

(1) The word "Ambulance" will be marked in 3 inch high white letters, centered three-quarters of an inch above the windshield.

(2) A 3 inch red cross on a 4 inch square white field will be marked to each side of and in line with the word "Ambulance" above the windshield.

i) Ambulance Color Markings. The following colors will be used for ambulance markings, as applicable:

(1) Gloss red, Color Chip No. 11136, and Gloss white, Color Chip No. 17875 on vehicles painted gloss or semigloss.

Photo credits to their respective contributors- thanks!

Attachments

• 4541360964_91dffe5713_o.jpg
    4541360964_91dffe5713_o.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 72
  • FrntEntUSAF_Hosp_w_3_amb.jpg
    FrntEntUSAF_Hosp_w_3_amb.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 74
Back