A hearse dressed up as a Ghostbusters-mobile

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
I was in the London ON Santa Claus parade on Saturday evening.

Again this year there was this hearse dressed up as a Ghostbusters Ecto-mobile.

Pumping out the "song" as it rolled down the street.

Darren

Attachments

• GB 1.jpg
    GB 1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 438
  • GB 2.jpg
    GB 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 426
I was in the London ON Santa Claus parade on Saturday evening.

Again this year there was this hearse dressed up as a Ghostbusters Ecto-mobile.

Pumping out the "song" as it rolled down the street.

Darren

Darren,

Thank you for the pictures.......:thumb:

However ......in a word "LAME".....:pat:

Nothing against you or your thoughts on this,its just my :my2cents:

Jim

Same unit should be in the Woodstock parade this coming Saturday night,notice the ghost has a shriners hat,I believe its the Aylmer ont shriners unit, they also have a blues brothers cruiser that goes with it,the London Ont shriners had an old suburban ambulance they had chopped down to make a hillbilly blud wagon,hoping the Ridgetown firefighters show up with their retired chiefs motorized lazy boy chair complete with lights and siren,they also have a motorized picnic table with lights and siren.

Wayne

The Blues Brothers were there in front of the hearse and so were the hillbillies.

I have seen them at many parades over the years.

I know the hillbillies will be in Milton this Sunday. Never noticed
the Ghostbusters in Milton before.

Small world EH !

James

I haven't ever seen either of the Ghostbusters movies
so I am no fan. I did buy a DVD with both movies on it but have never watched it and have no idea where I put it to watch it now.

I posted the photos because it was a hearse and the real Ghostbusters was a ambulance. A 59 MM Futura. I have a 62 MM Futura myself.

Just a all around procar related post !

On the Shriner side of things... my dad was a Shriner and did parades
but I know nothing about being a Shriner. I was 11 when my dad died and never got to know much about that stuff.

I guess that they get paid to be in the parades and use the money to help sick kids. Maybe other PCS members are Shriners and can shed some light on Shriners and Parades.

Thanks,
Darren

Very interesting and a lot or work went into it. Had the removed the landau bars and put glass in, it would have been better.

But to each their own.

I know a little of the shriners,they are big kids who go to parades with every possible thing you can imagine,and have a riot,HOWEVER they are the biggest supporters of children,and of burn units for kids,in the world,we would be lost without them,other than that a shriner should fill in any blanks I have left out.:respect:

so I am no fan. I did buy a DVD with both movies on it but have never watched it and have no idea where I put it to watch it now.

I thought everyone has seen Ghostbusters!! Its on TV at least once a week. Cheesy, yes, but still a classic.
You need to find that copy and check it out, and the first one is better (I think anyway) but the car is great in both!!!
If it was not for me seeing this movie in the theater when I was 9-10 I may never have gotten into these cars. If that happened you may never have gotten to know my smileing face. Wouldnt that have been sad?

Wayne

The Blues Brothers were there in front of the hearse and so were the hillbillies.

I have seen them at many parades over the years.

I know the hillbillies will be in Milton this Sunday. Never noticed
the Ghostbusters in Milton before.

Small world EH !

James

I posted the photos because it was a hearse and the real Ghostbusters was a ambulance. A 59 MM Futura. I have a 62 MM Futura myself.

Just a all around procar related post !

On the Shriner side of things... my dad was a Shriner and did parades
but I know nothing about being a Shriner. I was 11 when my dad died and never got to know much about that stuff.

I guess that they get paid to be in the parades and use the money to help sick kids. Maybe other PCS members are Shriners and can shed some light on Shriners and Parades.

Thanks,
Darren

Darren,
As I said its not about ANY disrespect for anyone or any group......Shriners or otherwise..My father was a Shriner as are other family members...and as stated they do a tremendous job of supporting kids and other charities......we even have a Shriners Burn Center here in town that has car shows and other fund raisers.....

Its just my opinion about the VEHICLE........I think they ruined a good looking car..but then there are 100's if not 1000's of "ruined" cars.....I like some and dislike others......

By the way I DO think you have a very BEAUTIFUL looking PROCAR(S).......
very elegant and dignified looking !!

Thanks again for the post !!!:thumb:

Darren,
As I said its not about ANY disrespect for anyone or any group......Shriners or otherwise..My father was a Shriner as are other family members...and as stated they do a tremendous job of supporting kids and other charities......we even have a Shriners Burn Center here in town that has car shows and other fund raisers.....

Its just my opinion about the VEHICLE........I think they ruined a good looking car..but then there are 100's if not 1000's of "ruined" cars.....I like some and dislike others......

By the way I DO think you have a very BEAUTIFUL looking PROCAR(S).......
very elegant and dignified looking !!

Thanks again for the post !!!:thumb:

Dont worry, no one here is taking it as any disrespect. We all get worked up anytime we see a pro car meeting this fate, especally when it is not even the right type of car. All of us have dealt with hey its the gostbusters comment at shows and cruises and it just gets under our skin.

Dont worry, no one here is taking it as any disrespect. We all get worked up anytime we see a pro car meeting this fate, especally when it is not even the right type of car. All of us have dealt with hey its the gostbusters comment at shows and cruises and it just gets under our skin.

John
As you may know or not know...I have been in the EMS industry for quite awhile in my earlier years.....but I have only owned my 72 Superior since April......

I have been on the board since last January and I never really knew what everyone was complaining about when "Ghostbuster" comments were made at shows and in public...well after a summer of car shows.....I NOW KNOW WHAT EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT !!!

Man O Man...how irritating......I almost refuse to talk to people when those comments are made.....but my wife tells me "You have to educate them honey" they dont know any differant"....:pat:
I guess shes right....BUT...when they cant tell the difference between a HEARSE and an AMBULANCE ...well then...there is NO HOPE I tell her !!
One guy this summer asked why it was not BLACK like other HERSTS.........??
And why does it have a siren ?? :badbad::badbad:
At first I thought he was kidding...but he was DEAD serious........AARRGGGGGGHHHHHH....:confused2:

So now I see fellow PCS'ers torment !!!

Have a GREAT DAY !!

JIm

"AARRRGH!" is right,but GB is one of the few ways the average person can see a procar outside of times when they're about to bury someone they loved.I suppose you can say that Ghostbusters is positive publicity for our long-wheelbase lovelies,and we should do the equivalent of what in an entirely different context was called "closing your eyes and thinking of England".:bonk:

"AARRRGH!" is right,but GB is one of the few ways the average person can see a procar outside of times when they're about to bury someone they loved.I suppose you can say that Ghostbusters is positive publicity for our long-wheelbase lovelies,and we should do the equivalent of what in an entirely different context was called "closing your eyes and thinking of England".:bonk:

I guess your right....seems most people know what a "ghostbuster" is.....
Even the company I am trying to get to move my newly purchased 70 did not know what I was talking about..he thought it was a VAN or "Box" ambulance...I said NO...its like "Ghostbusters" car...he replied "OHH YEAH now I know what kind it is"!!
Case closed......

Another ghostbuster

Yecch. Some movie crew decided to weld a bunch of industrial junk to the top of an old Cadillac road queen and created a fad that won't die. That Cadillac hearse kind of looks like a matronly lady who's used to the finer things and high cultural ideals being forced to carry trash on her head and dress in hippy clothing. Then she's photographed with her humiliating burden for all to gawk at on the internet.

Naw, I don't get it. I used to drive the old Cadillac ambulances and lavished my love them, keeping them properly cared for and cared about. To see a professional car dressed up in a clown suit like some sad old dog on halloween, then paraded around town, mocks her history of carrying on with dignity and respect for the dead.

You buy a car and do what you want to it, that part I totally get and support. I'm just an old guy on Social security and couldn't even afford an old beacon to put on the fireplace mantle, but I still don't have to like it when I see someone do bad things to good cars.

Back