Superior information

Ok I need a super quick crash course on Superior Ambulances. Is there a good site that lists each of the models? Or maybe an old thread here on the site :)

What year, make and model?? This site is made up of very knowledgeable people. They have been a valuable resource for me, plus I've made some great friends

Ok I need a super quick crash course on Superior Ambulances. Is there a good site that lists each of the models? Or maybe an old thread here on the site :)

You're asking a "how high is up" question. The more specific you are with any questions, the better your chances of getting the answer(s) you're looking for.

Last edited:
Worth every penny!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Superior-Complete-History-Thomas-McPherson/dp/0969787928"]Superior-Complete-History-Thomas-McPherson[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/American-Funeral-Ambulances-Since-Automotive/dp/0912612053"]American-Funeral-Ambulances-Since-1900[/ame]

ID tag helps ascertain knowledge too.

dsc08135n.jpg

Sorry, I dont know too much more other than its a superior cadillac (54-56).

I was wondering some combinations have windows all the way around/some dont.

Is there a base model vs top of the line?

Some of the military versions were delivered with the middle side windows blocked out with metal. They would probably be considered a "bare bones" model.

Sorry, I dont know too much more other than its a superior cadillac (54-56).

I was wondering some combinations have windows all the way around/some dont.

Is there a base model vs top of the line?

Yes, hearses, ambulances, and combos were available with either limousine (all windows) or landau (solid upper quarters) as an option. And there were less expensive models to a top of the line model.
Hope this helps some, since we do not have a specific model or year to go on.

I had a 1951 Cadillac Superior limo-style hearse, it was later "converted" to serve as an ambulance for a fire department. If you're wanting some photos here's a couple:

3147886787_ee23a839ee.jpg

3148717908_0359b86608.jpg

2905924787_134a511bcf.jpg

Back