What was Old is New Again or Deja Vu

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
So I hadn't planned on buying a car but one came available that interested me. That deal never happened, but I learned that my old 64 was coming available which prompted me to call Russell Street. I sold Russell this car a few years ago for what reason I don't remember other than I know Russell wanted the car and I thought it was an excellent place for it. I was right. Russell took excellent care of the car, made some major improvements and enjoyed it.
All of that said, today we picked up the car and drove it home. Now I am faced with the dilemma, which car goes to Detroit? This one, the Pontiac or the 54"?

Attachments

• IMG_2001 (1).jpg
    IMG_2001 (1).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2005 (1).jpg
    IMG_2005 (1).jpg
    98 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 392
Decisions, decisions. Congratulations to everyone, a beautiful car going from one loving home to another.

Ron: If it will help you make your decision, to the best of my knowledge this coach has never been seen at a PCS event anywhere, at anytime!! Very few folks even know/knew that this coach existed, it's been in this local area for the past 30 or so years and garage kept.

Ron: If it will help you make your decision, to the best of my knowledge this coach has never been seen at a PCS event anywhere, at anytime!! Very few folks even know/knew that this coach existed, it's been in this local area for the past 30 or so years and garage kept.

He doesn't know it yet, but I am going to let the mechanic decide which one I take. That way if anything breaks down on the way there is someone to blame rather than myself. :D I would be really excited to take this car for the reasons Russell said. I think it will do very well in competition. I want to get a little bit of minor body work done hopefully before Detroit.

Let me be very clear about this.....we have absolutely no "sellers remorse" over selling this coach to Ron and Barb. None, not some, any, none at all!!! Given the way life is going right now, it is/was the right move. It went to a great home, we know Ron will take good care of it and give it the respect it deserves.

Maybe when things "settle down" a little, or when I finally retire we can get another procar, we'll see. Life is crazy right now, we are running 25 drivers short at work and running our a$$es off. I didn't even get it out of winter storage until July 2nd., we already missed some parades and several car shows. The coach deserves better than that.

Enjoy it Ron and Barb, it's a great coach and thanks for taking it for us!!!

Getting er done

Thursday she is going into the mechanic to see what that smoke issue was Sunday and a general check up/check over. Russell, is it due for a LOF? If so I will get that done too. After the mechanic, it is off to the body shop for a estimate on touching up this, buffing out that and to see what we can do about that rear window trim. The it is back to the garage for the customary Devies Fleet Entry Wax. Then it is SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!:blahblah:

........Russell, is it due for a LOF? If so I will get that done too.......

What is LOF??? Never mind just figured it out Lube, Oil, Filter.....the answer is no.

The amount that Russell drove the car, and the amount that you will drive the car, it should be good till the next decade before it will amass 3000 miles. Just wipe off the filter, and put a new lube sticker in the door jam, and no one will be any the wiser! :D Need me to send you a period correct paper oil change sticker??

So I hadn't planned on buying a car but one came available that interested me. That deal never happened, but I learned that my old 64 was coming available which prompted me to call Russell Street. I sold Russell this car a few years ago for what reason I don't remember other than I know Russell wanted the car and I thought it was an excellent place for it. I was right. Russell took excellent care of the car, made some major improvements and enjoyed it.
All of that said, today we picked up the car and drove it home. Now I am faced with the dilemma, which car goes to Detroit? This one, the Pontiac or the 54"?

Ron, if you ever want to sell her, she'd look breathtaking next to my limousine

Attachments

• DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 228
Off to the Mechanic

So far I have changed the cot in the car. The newer model 30 did not look right so a low level only has taken it's place.
Today it was off to the mechanic. Last Sunday when I drove it home I noticed some white smoke coming from under the hood but could not find anything wrong when i looked under the hood. Seems a PS line was leaking spitting onto the manifold, A new one was made and put on. The radiator looks bad so a new one has been ordered.

so the stuff begins.

The "stuff" doesn't begin, the work continues. We've been waiting for a mechanic in Findlay to get room to put it in his shop for a complete checkup, and to rebuild the brake system as a precautionary measure. The simple fact is that Ron purchased it before we got a chance to put it in the shop. Ron and I talked about all of these things prior to the sale. No surprises for anybody.

Licking the Door Handles

Whenever you get a new (old) vehicle you always want to make it your own by going over it mechanically. I was born with 10 thumbs so I hire these things done. I have a really good mechanic with a crystal ball so these are expected fixers. Besides, I want to drive my best running car for the journey to the Motor City so it is all part of trip preparation.

Today's Progress

So my mechanic picked up the new radiator today and didn't like it. So instead we are re-coring the old one. I also got the insurance put on it today and the title transferred. The new cover for it arrived today as well. Hopefully will get it back tomorrow or Wednesday.

Back