My '75 Victoria Is Finally Home!

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I was finally able to free up a day where I could retrieve the '75 S&S Victoria that I purchased way back on May 8th! Fortunately, it has been spending that time in the spotless, dry garage of a very understanding Funeral Director. Now to replace the ugly, skinny white walls with something more appropriate, replace the blown exhaust, and practice my buffing skills with my new buffer. No big deal if I happen to burn through the black lacquer on this one as she is going to be repainted a '75 Cad-correct green to match her Jasper Green Maharaja interior anyway.

Does anyone happen to know if the bench seat trim that was used on the Cadillac commercial chassis in that era was the same trim that was used on the standard DeVille/Calais bench seats? I would really like to replace the black seat trim with the green seat trim, if they are the same. I have located a donor '73 Cad with the same color green plastic trim that I have already removed the green kick panel waste basket from.

Attachments

• salvage photos 001.jpg
    salvage photos 001.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 892
On my 63's, they have a split bench seat. Its unique to the CC. The Coupes have a split bench seat, with a folding arm rest.

In my experience the coach builder, not GM, custom fabricates the seats. If the fabric you choose is in good taste and is well installed, should be no problem. Good luck with your new car! If the miles are getting high, consider changing out the timing chain and sprockets as the originals have a plastic coating that flakes off and has a chance of affecting your ignition timing. Plus, if the chain breaks while you're driving, it would be a reallllly bad scene. Tom

Attachments

• 76_S&S_07.jpg
    76_S&S_07.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 854
Congratulations, glad you finally got it home. I think these 70s Victoria's look really good with a slightly wider whitewall. Mine has the skinny whitewalls on it too, but I now have a new set of 1.6 inch Amarican Classic whitewalls sitting out in the shop waiting to go on it. I find it interesting that they painted a car with that color green interior black. I'm a big fan of black cars, but i love the dark metallic green on my car.

Josh

Congratulations, glad you finally got it home. I think these 70s Victoria's look really good with a slightly wider whitewall. Mine has the skinny whitewalls on it too, but I now have a new set of 1.6 inch Amarican Classic whitewalls sitting out in the shop waiting to go on it. I find it interesting that they painted a car with that color green interior black. I'm a big fan of black cars, but i love the dark metallic green on my car.

Josh

Could be worse, the original exterior color was gold with black top.

It wasn't originally gold, but Terragon Gold.... which is a really ugly greenish-gold. It is going to be repainted Inverary Green Metallic, which should be awesome! Thanks for the photos of the Victoria with the American Classics! That seals the deal for me on buying a set of those!

The interior is absolutely near flawless original. I just don't care for the black seat trim with that wild Jasper Green Maharajah upholstery material. If I can switch out the black plastic seat trim for green seat trim out of a bench seated Coupe deVille, I would like to do that. Looks pretty cool in front of my house, don't you think?

Great car..I am glad I could assist you from a far on the purchase this nice 31,000 mile car with the rare green marharaja fabric interior and a three way to boot. I think you made a GREAT buy at UNDER $1000 !! Congrats. Hope to see more pictures soon

Looks like a great car. Congratulations. Do you have any interior photos? Our '72 is green with green interior. Josh G's, Tom H's, and one here in Michigan so far are the only ones besides ours that I know of in the dark green color. Rather unique. Enjoy your car and thank you for sharing.

Very nice! Dave Smith on this forum is usually pretty good with trim level questions. I have seen a few pro-cars with the kick panel trash bin added.

Thanks Scott. :)

Kurt, Congrats on your purchase! Maharaja green interior eh? As Tom Hoczyk pointed out, the coachbuilder chose the fabric for the seats and seldom used a factory stock pattern. At the time that is.

But I suppose it is possible. Could you post some pictures of the interior?

Below is the factory Maharajah interior in Jasper Green.

5228239661_c2f6ce3cd6_b.jpg

5228834684_d6ac71c5d6_b.jpg

Dave Smith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/that_chrysler_guy/sets/72157608685847079/

That is definitely the same upholstery. Gets to be a bit much with EVERYTHING done in that same material.... door/side panels, floor beneath table, etc. I am going to get her out this weekend to start detailing it and will take more photos at that time. I believe that the front carpeting, table carpeting, and kick panels, etc. are actually a little darker green that the standard Cadillac Jasper Green carpeting.

Thanks Scott. :)

Kurt, Congrats on your purchase! Maharaja green interior eh? As Tom Hoczyk pointed out, the coachbuilder chose the fabric for the seats and seldom used a factory stock pattern. At the time that is.

But I suppose it is possible. Could you post some pictures of the interior?

Below is the factory Maharajah interior in Jasper Green.

5228239661_c2f6ce3cd6_b.jpg

5228834684_d6ac71c5d6_b.jpg

Dave Smith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/that_chrysler_guy/sets/72157608685847079/

This exact car's green maharajah interior is photographed in detail on page 1 of The S&S photo thread. It is the maharajah cloth by Cadillac. I have seen several other coaches by S&S and MM done in the Monticello Cadillac cloth, and Mimosa Cadillac cloth fabrics in the 74-76 model years. The customer had many interior choice options regarding interior appointments as these cars were virtually spec'd to the customers request.

Here are a couple more interior shots I took in 2006 when my friend owned it. The camerea does not do the green justice, its very loud! I loved it since I first saw it.
1975 S&S 3 way 5.jpg

1975 S&S 3 way 4.jpg

John,
How much do you know of the car's ownership in terms of time line? I know that it was originally sold to a funeral home in Charles City, IA and then went to the Rash Funeral Home in Hamburg, IA. I don't have any approximate dates or years and don't have any names from that point-on. Do you have any dates or names to add? I just want to document whatever I can.
Thanks!

Back