'77 M-M Combo Back For Another Go

IMHO, M-M built the best looking ambulances and limousine style coaches built during the '77-'79 model years.

The '76 M-M ended up on Craigslist in Kentucky, I will let someone else post if they want to...

You were banned from Kentucky? or banned from Craigslist? (hhmmm, maybe we don't wanna know the answer to be banned from Craigslist...:D

About to order coil springs for the '77 M-M, hopefully new drapes in soon. Thanks to Noah Dorsey, James Welch, Dave Plante and Cary Livingston for drape parts, and offers of assistance from Daniel Scully.
Sounds like body shop will get the '77 in September... stay tuned...

Finally had a little time for it today, a few photos before it heads off to Godfrey's Garage tomorrow.
I think the only mounted lights I have seen on this era of car are the beacon rays, the 184 light (non mounted, just posing) in the photos has some kind of triple attachment to it, whereas this car has the single bored hole...
Does anyone have a 184 light mounted to one of these or photos of any? (Maybe Ron Devies blue combination had a power light on second thought?)

My 1980 S&S Victoria Combination (My Very First Pro Car) had a 184 on the roof

it's curtains...

This car was in bad need of drapes... got it back today. Very pleased with the gray tickweave drapes...

Attachments

• drape 77 001.jpg
    drape 77 001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 325
  • drape 77 003.jpg
    drape 77 003.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 321
  • drape 77 007.jpg
    drape 77 007.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 314
  • drape 77 008.jpg
    drape 77 008.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 317
Update...

For those that were interested in the rescue of this '77 so it wouldn't suffer a Ghostbuster's fate or any other undesirable fate...
The car is scheduled to go to the body shop mid September... estimate was it would be there 7 weeks.
1977 Cadillac Academy Gray Metallic...

New coil springs raised it a bit, moved Coker American Classics from '81 to the '77... 1.6 inch whitewalls should look nice with new paint... a last gander while it's white:

Attachments

• 77 white 001.jpg
    77 white 001.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 77 white 002.jpg
    77 white 002.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 247
Hey Kent, she is looking better already! One correction though, I don't think Coker makes the American Classic tires. As I understand it, Coker Tires are now made in China, American Classics are made in Pennsylvania, USA.

On the Coker site, it says these are made in USA... someone mentioned to me they thought these were manufactured by Cooper... Just bought a set to go on the '77 S & S, which was sporting some 15 year old Broadway's that have been passed around about 4 cars...

Attachments

• coker american classics.jpg
    coker american classics.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 197
They are sold at two on line locations cooker and universal. My guess is both places are the same parent company. What I don't understand is why they don't make a Heaver load rating tire. They are a good looking tire on a car. If they are manufactured by Cooper they have a 235 that is rated will over 2000 lb it just comes with raised white letters. All the bias ply tires are made over seas. It is my understanding that cooker is a distrupiter not a manufacturer. They put out there specs and some one bids to make them.

New coil springs raised it a bit, moved Coker American Classics from '81 to the '77... 1.6 inch whitewalls should look nice with new paint... a last gander while it's white:

Looking forward to see it with it's new color! Then I would like to see current photos of all your coaches again! Thanks in advance!

The local trim shop that did the drapes for the 73, 76 and 77 S & S had sample material, the shop owner said there were some types of material that wouldn't work well because the threads would pull apart easily. He told me after I picked out a fabric he would look at it and tell me if he thought it would work. As you probably know, you need to use a good automotive interior fabric so it won't fade...

Back