1974 M-M Cadillac Lifeliner ?

Anyone know who this car belongs to? Picture taken at annual muster in Winchester, VA preceding the Apple Blossom Firefighter's Parade on April 30, 2010.

4592966748_b1c2d35886_b.jpg

And from the same event a 1948 Chevrolet Barnette.

4656359269_1076763f3a_b.jpg

Agreed it's a beautiful Lifeliner, love all the lights & the big "Q" on the roof. Looks like it's in excellent shape! Hadn't seen it before. About a 1975?

About a 1975
It,s a 75 or 76 74 had round headlights. Unless the front group was changed. I can never remember what's what on those 2 years . It is a slight difference in the cornering light trim.

It is a 1975 Lifeliner. The grille is more finely textured than a '76 and the '76 would have two thiin chrome stips running horizontally through the parking / cornering lamps.

Great looking rig! I agree that this car is screaming for skirts.

Its for sure a 75. And I agree, it needs skirts bad, it just doesn't look right withoutthem. Very nice looking car though, I like the color, not sure I've ever seen a Lifeliner that color.:toocool:

Josh

The blue '75 Lifeliner is owned by Frank Hoppes in VA. I don't know if he's current in his PCS membership or not. I see him from time to time, he's a friend. He bought it on e-bay a number of years ago, from out west (Colorado maybe?). I think the only thing he's missing is the fender skirts. The '48 Barnette Chevy is owned by Pete Menedis from PA, who is a PCS and MAC member. They're both friends of mine, and they are taking good care of them.

Oh come on now those lifliners are a dime a dozen. how about that 48 Barnette now there is a intresting car. not vary often you see a 62 year old car in that shape.

I don't know, I see it pretty often - when I go to Pete's place or he comes to a meet near here! Seriously, that was an ambulance at a coal mine in PA, and it was garaged all it's life and had only around 6,000 miles on it when they finally sold it in the early-'90's!!!! Truthfully, it had never been used. The only thing they replaced - ever - was the fuel pump. It even had it's original tires! Dad and I actually went up to look at it, and submitted a closed bid on it. We were outbid by Pete, the only other bidder. He added the "East End" lettering.

When they sold it, it even had all the original first aid supplies in the cabinets.

Attachments

• 48BarnetteChevyGlenBurnCoalMtCarmelPA4b.jpg
    48BarnetteChevyGlenBurnCoalMtCarmelPA4b.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 147
By the way, I know it's hard to believe, but the Lifeliner wasn't "born" with all six Ful-Vu's. Believe it or not, only the two on the lower roof are original. Frank added the other 4. He also added the electronic siren speakers, though the Q2B siren is original to the car. And...you can't tell from the picture, but he also added a bunch of grille lights....and red high-beams... :1062:
(Where's the "squirrel" smiley?)

The original name on the car was "Life Care Ambulance", if that helps to identify where it was from.

what none of the front fenders. there is space for more why did he quit. sharp looking car with a way different paint scheme but I still like the Bernette better.

Back