Wanted: 1960 M-M Beacon Light

I am trying to track down a beacon light for my Miller-Meteor Futura. It already has some form of a quick connect, but I have no idea what kind of beacon will work with it. I reached out to a few sites, the only one that responded recommended I ask in this forum. If anyone has any input, I'd love to hear it. Pictures to follow:

22761415005_304885afb7_z.jpg

22573495930_459ce089a7_z.jpg

22138660404_00014d4462_z.jpg

is one of the contacts hot or are both of them? then the other question is you car a combination car?

I can say that none of the manufacturers made there own beacons. only markers or corner lights were unique to a builder.
my guess is this is a demount able light but I can't say what manufacture. it looks to be a screw base

It looks like the system for demountable Federal 17 beacons used on older combinations Ed is right. The base is not the same but similar.

That is a Federal 17, with a special base that has a threaded fixture in the center. it looks like the body builder made their own adaptation of the final mount. I have a beacon that I can sell you, but I don't have that mounting bracket. I have never seen one, except for pictures.

Interesting. What if I wanted to pick a more accurate model for this era ambulance? What would be a better light? Would I need to cut a bigger hole in the roof?

Thanks for the input, everyone.

A plain old Federal Model 17 would be very appropriate. If you manage to pick up a demountable model there would be no need for a bigger hole. Just get the skirt cut properly and there you have it.

then only thing that is strange is the mount you did not say if the car was a ambulance or combination. but guessing it's a straight ambulance as it has a permanent mount.

for simple you cant go wrong with the 17 to make a permit mount you will need to drill 3 holes for the mounting rods. some were I do have a set of pictures showing the mounting of one.

but in reality if you can access the hot wire you could use what you have and let the skirt cover it all.

federal used the same guts, skirt and globe on all there lights in this series. 17,173,174 and 178 the pipe mount has the base housing that the roof mount did not have. the demountable used a base plate and hollow tube that the wire went threw and it went on with a wing nut.

Back