What to watch tonight......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
If you don't know what to watch on TV tonight, then check your local cable guide for "True TV"...... in brief......
Monday, May 11 at 10pm – NEW!
Matt and Lou find themselves in an upscale neighborhood, facing off with a distraught accountant and his belligerent, kick-happy son. Then, Sonia and Froy crash a pool party where the guests were willing to give up their clothes, but not their car. Finally, Matt and Lou encounter a hearse that they’ve been tracking for weeks, but before they’re able to hook it up, they’ve got to figure out what’s in the back.

For those that missed it last week, here it is........... :D
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYobKMBRPx0[/ame]

There is something unusual about the hearse itself. Anybody able to identify what it is?

Very interesting. At first glance I thought it was just a Superior with S&S coachlights until I saw the A pillar. Its a S&S Masterpiece body with all Superior hardware, including emblems.
I know the commercial glass Superior Soveriegn does not use an A pillar like the S&S.

Probably Came From Ronnie

I would think it is the same one on Ronnie,s Site.

Very interesting. At first glance I thought it was just a Superior with S&S coachlights until I saw the A pillar. Its a S&S Masterpiece body with all Superior hardware, including emblems.
I know the commercial glass Superior Soveriegn does not use an A pillar like the S&S.

Here is the car everyone has dreamt of having but couldn’t afford to buy when it was new.

It’s the 1993 Cadillac Sayors & Scoval Masterpiece. However, it’s finished as a Superior.

This coach is 1 of 1 built. I do have the original build sheet that I kept when I sold this coach
to its 2nd owner in West Hollywood, California in April 1999. A funeral director had been
ordering new Superior funeral coaches threw the same salesman for many years!
It came time for the funeral director to make that big leap into the grand daddy of them all . . .
the largest funeral coach on the market, the newly styled S&S Cadillac Masterpiece for 1993!
The salesman informed the funeral director the he/dealer couldn’t order an S&S Coach
because he was only an authorized Superior dealer.
The funeral director was saddened by the news and asked “what can be done?”

After some creative thinking, The Superior dealer was able to take the S&S Masterpiece
body from the build line and fit it with Superior appointed interior designs and fabrics but
with all the S&S features like commercial glass all around, commercial high rooftop cap,
casket bay flip-up under-floor storage for small funeral accessories, spring-loaded
side wheel well storage compartments, dual bier pin layouts towards the front of the coach,
solid divider glass, roll down doors for your full-sized spare tire and church truck,
umbrella storage, exterior side mounted coach lamps, formal swag drapes & much more.
And all this was fitted with Superior logos and emblems
and sold to the funeral director as a Superior coach!
Needless to say, the dealer and original owner were both happy!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 115
If the winning answer was worth a million bucks, John would be on his way to building that hearse garage of his dreams! :cool:

I don't think this is a 1 of 1 built, though. Here are photos of two more; another '93 and a '94, both from the Pittsburgh area (photos from my collection, courtesy of the late John R. Schmidt.)

Notice these two cars have the Superior wreaths on the "C" pillars, in addition to Superior landau bows. They're also void of the chrome grille cap typically placed on the S&S Masterpiece. Interestingly enough, the '93 (which is the one with plain wheelcovers) has Superior drapes, while the '94 (with cast wheels) has S&S drapes.

I have a photo of yet another one of these; a silver car with burgundy interior, I believe. I'll post it when I locate it.

Attachments

• coach1 001.jpg
    coach1 001.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 110
  • coach2 001.jpg
    coach2 001.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 116
If the winning answer was worth a million bucks, John would be on his way to building that hearse garage of his dreams! :cool:

What...you mean I do not win anything?

And to think I stayed up all night thinking of how to spend that fat check I thought you were going to send me. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back