Door Weatherstripping

I need to replace the door weatrherstripping on my 73 M& M Cadillac Ambulance as part of the restoration. Can someone direct me to an approporiate supplier?

we had a man in california that we were getting the right stuff from. but he stopped ordering it. Rick got the last of his supply. Paul has tried to get some made up and I don't think he has had any success. but do remember to check the vender's portion of this site out I did list him there and if enough people ask maybe we can get him to make a new run. the last set went for about 4 bucks a foot. you'll need about 100 feet to do a car

Attachments

• IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 727
I'll need a complete set as well so if we're considering a "group buy" please include me. Dean, Paul...does someone want to follow up with the vendor (rather than all of us calling him)?

Bill,

Before we call the vendor, let's see how many others are interested. I will post thread under General Discussion to see if we can generate some interest.

Dear Forum administrator, If you could please retain to the discussion Ed's picture from Kar Rubber of the cross section cut away, I would really appreciate it.The photo being acessible to everyone serves as a reference if any body needs to compare what they have in their coach's and when inquiry with vendors it makes it easy to send. It was very helpful to me personally, after looking at illustrations of rubber door seals cross sections today, a photo is more better! A BIG THANKS1 TO JEREMY AND PAUL FOR ORIGINATING THIS DISCUSSION FOR IF NOT FOR THEM I WOULD OF NOT LAID ON MY BACK AND ACTUALLY REALIZED IN WHAT CONDITION MY DOOR SEALS ARE IN ALONG THE BOTTOMS OF MY DOORS. Twisted, dry cracked, hanging loose, I can't believe I missed it, but all the other sides of the door seal that you can actually see from the regular line of sight standing upright, are alot better condition just collapsed and displaced, but truthfully I knew it was that bad and I just didn't want to deal with it. It is a valuable detail and performance component of our coach if installed effectively. Saves energy in the summer if you don't have to run your A.C as hard because your not getting it sucked out from between your leaking seals. Ultimately your gas mileage goes up to. So my opinion, money well spent.

I am going to get in contact with Mike Hinshaw this week from Metro Moulded Rubber for an update for members on the door weather stripping. I know Ed sent a sample per my request to Metro Moulded Rubber and uncertain if Jeremy sent a sample. Doing my best without being a bully with these people. Thanks Members! For your patience and understanding.

Public Notice:

I have been in contact with a manufacturer, and they are getting together a quote for me for the rubber and the cost of the dies to produce the rubber for the Miller Meteor cars. This will be an exact reproduction of the rubber, and will not be available to the general public. Those that want to follow Michael Muklak, on his quest please let me know so I can delete your name from the list that I started. I need to be upfront with the manufacturer as to how many feet that I can honestly commit to purchasing. Once I have the final price, we can go from there and place an order. I don't want to wind up in a situation where I commit to 2500 feet, and then have 10 people decide that they want to go with another vendor.
Thanks Paul

Paul, just to make sure, this is the same rubber that would be used on erly 70's Superiors also right? If so, I'm still in.

Josh

Paul, just to make sure, this is the same rubber that would be used on erly 70's Superiors also right? If so, I'm still in.

Josh

I don't know what rubber profile 1970's Superior used, so I can't make any statements about this. I do know that the rubber that I am working on getting reproduced is the correct rubber for the Miller Meteor cars from the early 1960's till the end of production. I suggest that you post a profile picture of the rubber from your Superior for us to compare.

I do know 71 superior used the same weather striping. we need to find a source for this stuff. I'm in for my commitment and I also hope Mike can come threw so I know were I can get some more when I need it.

THanks Ed, 71 is what I'm needing it for, so I'm still in. The next chalinge is finding rubber for the 70 S&S.

Josh

s&s used a caddy weather striping . you can find some at any of the normal sources. I used auto restoration. cut a slice out of the bottom of the door and use that for the profile. you only need a 1/8 slice to be able to compare. check to see if your car has the nylon pins in the rubber or not. the 73 I did had them. it readily available but a little spendy with the holes

I do know 71 superior used the same weather striping. we need to find a source for this stuff. I'm in for my commitment and I also hope Mike can come threw so I know were I can get some more when I need it.

Once I have this done, we should be able to reorder without any problems, and you will have a steady supply. There is a lot more to the rubber than just the profile. I know that this manufacturer knows how to make a perfect product.

Back