Wire wheel covers.

Michael Mykulak

PCS Member
These wheel covers are listed as used form 1975 to 1985 on website called HUBCAPS.COM all I know about the vintage of these. Each wheel cover has a new center crest an 7-10 hours of restoration. Selling the set for $400.00 minus shipping and handling. Some dents from wheel cover hammer on two and a slight scrape on one of them. Two wheel covers are drilled for locks. Please PM for any further details or pictures.

Attachments

• Wheel covers (entire group).jpg
    Wheel covers (entire group).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Wheel covers ( non-security lock pair) Right - alternate view..jpg
    Wheel covers ( non-security lock pair) Right - alternate view..jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 232
These are beautiful, I would never have that kindof spare money for hubcaps. Thankfully ive already got a set of this exact kind for mine that came with it, just not in this condition.

Josh,

What condition are your caps in? If they aren't to dinged up you can make them shine like those. Those some beautiful caps and worth the 400, if I do say so my self.

Mike has some nice caps here and although not common on our older hearses the limo's did have them. THis style cap started in late sixties but didn't have the big wreath until mid 70's or so. I have four sets of these in various conditions and his price is very fair. If you have wire covers and they are not terrible dirty another way to clean them is a run through the dish washer.

Mike has some nice caps here and although not common on our older hearses the limo's did have them. THis style cap started in late sixties but didn't have the big wreath until mid 70's or so. I have four sets of these in various conditions and his price is very fair. If you have wire covers and they are not terrible dirty another way to clean them is a run through the dish washer.

According to the Hollander Hubcap/wheel cover manual, and Cadillac literature;this style was first offered in 1975.

Last edited:
Ken is correct. Cadillac didn't offer wire wheel covers on anything in the '60s or '70s until 1975.

Ken is correct. Cadillac didn't offer wire wheel covers on anything in the '60s or '70s until 1975.

Ok you guys, you have proof and I don't so you win. I had seen advertised as late 60's and seen on late 60's caddy's but that don't mean they were from that era. I have used them on 67 caddy's and they do look great though. The early ones don't have the wreath though. SOme had locking devise and some didn't also. When ever they were made I still have four sets and some spares.

I used a combination of SEMICHROME polish and also MOTHERS, the mag and aluminum cream polish in the jar. I started restoration on these by first giving them a clean up with Gunk engine degreaser. Then the CLR calcium, lime and rust remover. Then straightening the tangs around the wheel cover with a lineman's pliers. Then the polishing begins. Countless hours on the floor in front of the TV with blackened hands and piles of black rags and the chemical smell waffting through the house. How I spent winters in Minnesota. The crests, the crests! If you ever have a chance to see some side by side. The crests I located for all my wheelcovers are heavvily cloissoned, and the chrome is thicker than the other ones out their. I notice the difference and every wheelcover I ever by gets the crests swapped out if they are the cheap ones. The wreaths for these wheel covers I have only seen available from one source and they were very expensive. So only thing I did not do, was take the covers apart to silicone a couple of the loose spokes. But those can be done from the face side as well. Lots of hours in each wheel cover.

Attachments

• Wheel covers (security lock pair) condition of rear covers..jpg
    Wheel covers (security lock pair) condition of rear covers..jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 172
there are about 5 sets of these on e-bay for only 89 bucks each of course they are not polished in any way. I will say Mike can detail i though I was good till I looked at his stuff. of course I would never tell him this .

Ok you guys, you have proof and I don't so you win. I had seen advertised as late 60's and seen on late 60's caddy's but that don't mean they were from that era. I have used them on 67 caddy's and they do look great though. The early ones don't have the wreath though. SOme had locking devise and some didn't also. When ever they were made I still have four sets and some spares.

The wreath and crest ones were for the Fleetwood series cars, and the crest only were for the Deville/Calais series cars.

Back