Last Run car show in Ark City, Kansas

I was wondering who had the 52 Hennesay pro car at the car show last Saturday? I think they might be from Oklahoma. I didn't get a chance to get all the pertinent information. They had a nice display of rebuilding and other info on the vehicle. I don't recall seeing info on this site about it, but they had the Pro Car logo with the info.
Anyone know?? thanks.

I think I did, I'll have to check the camera. They had some excitement there and everyone wanted to see what was going on. You can find it on youtube, I think its called last run car show. Anyway ,a guy got in his altered old school 1/4 miler with a big blower on it. He started the car and he said" the throttle got stuck" and it was either in gear or it jumped in gear and it hit 3 or 4 cars. One of the big hit was a 55 Chevy, and the owner was NOT HAPPY don't know how much damage it did, but at least no one was hurt. The car motor burst into fire, and with the racing gas it got real hot real fast and burnt the driver some. He's in stable condition, and getting better. It could of been worst, at least no on else was hurt. It was pretty exciting there for a few minutes.:eek:
I was thinking the car was from around OK. city? The car was a light tan color, and I think the interior was a light brown color. He had a I think its called a gurney, but made into a bed with the wheels on it. The interior was in very nice condition, I think maybe original?

I You can find it on youtube, I think its called last run car show. Anyway ,a guy got in his altered old school 1/4 miler with a big blower on it. He started the car and he said" the throttle got stuck" and it was either in gear or it jumped in gear and it hit 3 or 4 cars. One of the big hit was a 55 Chevy, and the owner was NOT HAPPY don't know how much damage it did, but at least no one was hurt. The car motor burst into fire, and with the racing gas it got real hot real fast and burnt the driver some. He's in stable condition, and getting better. It could of been worst, at least no on else was hurt. It was pretty exciting there for a few minutes.:eek:

Why not post a link? It's easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFNvIhQF3NU

News article:

http://www.arkcity.net/news/breakin...cle_8d75dbbc-6540-11e5-b725-ff386e9aecd7.html

As for the driver of the race car, he is proof that heavy, wooden bats are for more than just baseball.

Packard from Oklahoma

I was thinking the car was from around OK. city? The car was a light tan color, and I think the interior was a light brown color. He had a I think its called a gurney, but made into a bed with the wheels on it. The interior was in very nice condition, I think maybe original?

Don Poteet has the tan Premier combination that his family (Poteet F.H. in Pawnee, OK) bought new - was that the car?

Thanks Steve Loftin for posting that link for me.
I'm thinking that was the name on the entry card. It was a very nice rig, and looked to be pretty much original. Thanks again:thumbsup:

Back