Turkey Run Car Show

Turned out to be a nice day and the biggest crowd I've ever seen. Bill Wright was there along with Dan Herrick and Mike Baruzza. Terri came home and we did the Gaslight Parade with tons of people too. We ran in to Pat Brewer in his Packard. Per usual the Lifeliner performed perfectly.
I gave the Lifeliner to my mechanic on Saturday to do a brake job but as it turns out the wheel cylinders did not fit and neither did the brake shoes. So he will keep it until the proper parts arrive later this week. Since I have to wait might as well use it for the annual NSB Christmas Parade on the 5th.

Attachments

• Turkey Run.jpg
    Turkey Run.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 386
  • L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 380
  • L2.jpg
    L2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 310
  • L3.jpg
    L3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 318
You probably told us already but what is with the Higgins Higgins name,just curious.

Those are my magnetic signs I stick on there for shows. This morning I had them on the sunny side warming up. John Higgins from HIGGINS Funeral Home was the original owner so in tribute to him I use these. Unfortunately I got so excited leaving the in-field at Daytona last Friday I forgot to take them off and lost one along the way.

I did check a Vintage Air vendor at the meet who would be more than happy to install vintage air in the ambulance but his company is out of Kentucky. Sure as heck not going that far for that.

Vintage air

Those are my magnetic signs I stick on there for shows. This morning I had them on the sunny side warming up. John Higgins from HIGGINS Funeral Home was the original owner so in tribute to him I use these. Unfortunately I got so excited leaving the in-field at Daytona last Friday I forgot to take them off and lost one along the way.

I did check a Vintage Air vendor at the meet who would be more than happy to install vintage air in the ambulance but his company is out of Kentucky. Sure as heck not going that far for that.

I just installed A Jeggs electric compressor and a underdash evaparator on the 55 Meteor no pully driven compressor works great had to install an alternator in place of the generator. Looks neat under hood.

55 would be a generator. but a interesting concept. I have heard of placing the condenser under the car with a electric fan. but not a electric compressor. using those two you could keep the car looking like it did not have any.

richard youu need to look into old time air out of texas. just google oldtimeair

as you all ready have ac all you would need is the inside unit and controls. they do make a replacement A6 also and hve a set up for the dual air as in a limo or ambulance

the unit II put onn the 70 sub rand just under a grand

thanks Richard I was on that lap top and don't have any of that saved yet.

the 800 number would be the way to go on the 73 modal. none of these are fresh air systems hey only recirculate the air inside.

AC compressor

Pictures this week, the Jeggs compressor requires constant air flow. And the 100 amp alternator does a great job?

thanks Richard I was on that lap top and don't have any of that saved yet.

the 800 number would be the way to go on the 73 modal. none of these are fresh air systems hey only recirculate the air inside.

Looks like I can get a complete system for about a grand includes A/C, heat, and defrost. I'm sure my guy can rip the old stuff out and install this. We'll see if the wife (aka Terri) will let me get it. Christmas just around the corner. I will check with Danny Ryder to see who installed the one on a hearse he owned.

Danny, anyway to find out who installed that system on the hearse you own or owned?

:letitsnow:

Here's the link but of course their line of products for Cadillac does not list one for a 1973. I sent an inquiry to see what they do offer. Certainly less expensive than Vintage Air kits.

Thanks Ed.

Richard

http://www.oldairproducts.com/catalog/index.php

I talked with one of their reps and he says this Hurricane 3000 would work just fine for the ambulance since I'm only cooling the cab.

http://www.oldairproducts.com/catal...00/hurricane-3000-complete-system-p-4316.html

Thanks, Richard. I will talk to my mechanic about this system instead of Vintage Air. I like the fact that they are only 2 1/2 hours from here.

Back