New show "Sticker Shock"

I heard about this. The guy who runs that Dead Sled Morgue site had allowed the production company to use his hearse (the dark blue one pictured). I have been keeping up with it on Facebook.

Apparently the production company contracting a transport company to move his car and on the way back to the owner the car suffered all sorts of damage (not the production company's fault).

He had posted videos of how the top had gotten scratched or something and they had spray painted it to cover it up, the skirts were bent, shocks broken etc.

Luckily for him the production company is supporting him on getting it corrected but the transport service really screwed it up good.

That said I am wanting to see this show.

Just watched it, I always enjoy these sort of shows that appraise items for people. Kinda like Antique road show or pawn stars. That DivCo Milktruck was pretty neat too

Now me, I got the note that this was happening but I'm a walk across the room adjust the tin foil on the rabbit ears kind of TV watcher. So don't have a clue if it's in the 150 channel bundle package we have.

Now me, I got the note that this was happening but I'm a walk across the room adjust the tin foil on the rabbit ears kind of TV watcher. So don't have a clue if it's in the 150 channel bundle package we have.

I tried to get on my computer but couldn't do that. What did the 54XL appraise at?

Haven't seen Jim's episode . but I knew about Rocky F. the top thread/ post and I believe Chris Beltz have been on there also.

Last edited:
Uh-hum! that was my car

Like a dumb a$$ I let it go. It was looking really good except I always kept it in ambulance mode it looks better that way. I hope Rocky can get her fixed, it is way too nice of a car. I bought the car from Jim Tighe who had bought the car from Roberts Funeral Home in Logan,Ohio. When I bought it the car had sat for 12 years in Jim's garage. Actually Mike Stevens was the guy who found it.

Sticker Shock

The show was an interesting experience. They bring the cars in on a transport and paid for my ticket to LA. They are in search of cars with stories, either owner-passion or some special experience with the car. Some cars were in perfect condition, others towed in and all busted up. The concept is we say what we paid and what we think the car is worth, then they give their estimate. Along the way they share information about that particular type of car. The owner can then "agree" with the estimate, be happy and surprised like they hit the jackpot, or get mad because they think it is worth more than the show-expert suggests. All 60-70 cars for the first season were in one warehouse in LA and they filmed 6 stories a day for two weeks or so. Probably the most fun was walking around seeing all the different cars. I think they liked the 54XL because of its LA history (and they specifically told me to not wash it and leave the lights off, etc.) I hope they do a second season. They are talking about maybe traveling around the country and doing a different show from a different city each week.

Back