1993 Cadillac S&S MASTERPIECE

'93 with an LT1???

LOVE the interior! You don't often find them with the carpeted floor in the back. Odd seeing a Masterpiece with upholsered ends on the partition vs. the bent plexiglas.

'93 with an LT1???

LOVE the interior! You don't often find them with the carpeted floor in the back. Odd seeing a Masterpiece with upholsered ends on the partition vs. the bent plexiglas.

Every small block ever made is a corvette engine. :rolleyes:

Well yeah a vette engine no more accurately a Caprice cop car engine. Back in the late 80s when Cadillac was getting complaints about the dog 307 Olds engine in the Brougham/Limo It being a slug performancewise and not too thrifty. They did hold up very well however. My understanding from someone at GM who was in the Cop Car section there was a meeting to address the complaints/lost sales from this issue. After some brainstorming some said its the same engine compartment why not put in a 350 Cop Car engine? The only new part we have to produce is a wiring harness everything else is on the shelf. Thus the vette/cop car powered Brougham was born and the first year the 350 was an option.

Got this one pic so far . Bad top or maybe was grey dyed black? You can see something under the black?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 102
Wonder if thats the new Coach in the background? I think the top may be going after all its almost 25 years old. My 96 six door is starting with small round holes think I may budget for a new Cobra grain this summer so it matches my Masterpiece. My biggest cosmetic issue with both vehicles is the clearcoat is beginning to lift in several spots.

Back