slow man at work

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
just for those of you that think we are not moving forward on this 63 project. I have a little progress report here
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luWwX0C7noo[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L2blOvbVPY[/ame]

I myself would rather wait on a quality repair than have it repaired half ass 2 or 3 times.:my2cents:

I'm sure Ed wants it out of his shop, but a slow, diligent repair takes time. I watch the progress of my car everyday on dropshots, I've seen what Ed has done with my car and I am very lucky to have him doing the restoration. In addition to being a master at his craft, he's a pretty good guy to hang around with as well. Jen and I had a good time hanging out with Ed and Kandy in Albany, and can't wait until Ohio.

Thats the first generator I have seen on a 63.

Let me know how you make the rubber boot for the heater duct. Make 2, and I'll pay for the materials. I'm picking my 63 Combo up Fri, and spending the week-end putting parts back on :)

Thats the first generator I have seen on a 63.

Let me know how you make the rubber boot for the heater duct. Make 2, and I'll pay for the materials. I'm picking my 63 Combo up Fri, and spending the week-end putting parts back on :)

that would be your standard 100 amp alternator made by Delco just for ambulances. I don't recall if it's 100 or 90 weights a ton and don't put out much, but in 63 if was a joy to have. the round box is the mechanical flasher for the top lights. on this car everything is mounted on the firewall. the boot I had to get new 100 bucks from a man I can send you his address if you want it. not rubber but hard plastic. all I could find threebassclan@embarqmail.com they have caddy stuff for sale. got things from them a few times thay sell a lot on e-bay.

as soon as we can get the inner fenders back on we can build the battery holders. you might have seen in the second video we re routed the cables and put on new ends. we have changed the front spring from the new stock caddy that was in it to CC springs. they raised it up 1 3/4 inches as it sits. I forgot to measure it when it was together so we'll just have to see if it sets level. the car is so much one piece on the body and we are doing a solid color that I think I'll paint it apart and then assemble. I went to put some stuff inside and realised it went over the green. the fenders go over the black but over the green on the cowl to. the chrome vent needs to go on before you put the fenders in place. but it needs be painted under it. so I'll hang the doors, put the fenders on saw horses, the hood back on the car and paint it apart them see if we can remember were the 5 gl bucket of screws and bolts go. the thing I'm trying to figure out now is the rubber seals on the inner fenders were stapled on the steel. how we going to put them back on so no one can tell it's been changed. I don't have that big a stapler handy. this older 60's stuff is different to work on.

This is how I installed the rubber seals on the fender. Procured new staples from a vendor I will have to look up. put the staples in the original holes from the old staples. Used a scribe to poke a hole in the rubber, and slid the new rubber seal on. Crimped the staples over. On another car, I riveted the seals on and painted the rivets black. That looks good, but not as good as the staples.

found this boot waiting for me when I got home. it's a real close reproduction. cast out of plastic and split so you can put it on with the blower in place.

Attachments

• IMG_9054 a.jpg
    IMG_9054 a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_9055 a.jpg
    IMG_9055 a.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 205
  • be patent innovations.jpg
    be patent innovations.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 202
found this boot waiting for me when I got home. it's a real close reproduction. cast out of plastic and split so you can put it on with the blower in place.

Looking good there Brendan. Bet you can't wait to get it complete. Just think, when Ed is done you can take it to it's first PCS show at the 2012 Int'l. Meet in Florida.

:burp:

It is looking real good, thanks for the progress video's. i have been side tracked on spring stuff and have not been getting as much done as i would like on the projects on my end.

I did learn today that this is not a easy slip on thing. one will have to remove the blower to get it in even with it split. it turned out being a 6 hand job but with my assistant helping we got it in place. put the bands on just for show. now one more thing I don't have to mess with again.

Attachments

• IMG_9059a.jpg
    IMG_9059a.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 175
a 6 hand job but with my assistant.

Now Ed, you cannot get 6 hands between you and your asssitant. I only count 4 so there must be someone you're not counting.

By the way, are you driving or towing to Ohio?

You to Ohio: 1151.49
Me to Ohio: 982.57

Pinched at the post again. Fly Ed Fly....

we had to resort to the big vise grips for the other two hands. mookie would not help. but most likly driving. everythign is in pieces up here.

Can you post a pic of missing interior trim piece - or a shot of where it went with a drawing if there isn't a mirrored part? I have one more shot to find one for Brendan this week.

it's the lower mop board between the trim and the floor on the wheel well. long piece of aluminium trim with a lot of tabs sticking up to catch the trim.

Attachments

• IMG_0820c.jpg
    IMG_0820c.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 86
Crapola. Was hoping the missing trim was going to be higher up. Looks like I have some emptying to do...and the rear side passenger door is the only one that doesn't open - otherwise I'd have already stripped jump seats out.

dsc03888n.jpg

Back