get your parts were you can

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I have been getting the lights on the 63 superior. were I'm not positive I thing the center light uses a lens off a 61 comet.

Attachments

• IMG_9760 a.jpg
    IMG_9760 a.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 286
Ford Part number CIKF13450C - 1060-61 Comet tail lamp lens...

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKpwE3t++O+8mBOB3CRPl8w~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqMOKpwE3t++O+8mBOB3CRPl8w~~_12.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 330
You can always spray the inside of the light with the "chrome" spray paint, or put some aluminum foil behind the bulb holder and keep it in place with some silicone glue. What is the bulb number? I have found some brighter bulbs that are the same size as their less impressive cousins, and have used them. Only thing that you have to be careful about is if the bulb is too close to the lens, then it might melt the plastic.

Ed; You are to be congratulated AGAIN for your obvious attention to detail of your work.

We're very fortunate to have one of your skill and I'm sure Brandon will be ecstatic with the ultimate results.

I noticed that these are all 1141s in the lights, so I was able to get the same ones. I thought about putting a piece of tin foil behind it but the light color of the body should be as good a surface to reflect off from. this mechanical flasher runs fairly fast so melting the lens is not a concern. I did notice that there is a separate switch to shut off the flashing rear lights. it turns them to steady burn. I would guess it's to help cut down on the confusion when loading at night. we hope to get the rear glass back in this weekend. I'm letting sealer set up around the frames right now. superior did there usually why that on the glass frames and I'm hoping to be able to cut down on the water coming in. mean time it's get the nail-ons in place and all the hole cover panels back were they go. before the interior gets finished. it's surprising what you find you need. I'm short one piece of the rubber faced jut backed for the drivers compartment. superior cover everything they did not carpet of with that. it's rotted out from the water on the drivers side and in tough shape. just one of those things that no one pays any attention to when they grab that one part off a salvage car. but superior is the only one that used that stuff. lot of things like that are only the one manufacture. each found there own way to solve a problem.

here is what is under the lens. they took a back up light base off something and chopped it down to fit the bezel they cast to fit the comet taillight. the shape of the backing is what gives you the pattern . everything is just screwed to the fiberglass except the housing it was a nut a bolt. the man that painted it white had tried to remove it to paint and when the nut dropped off the one end he he knew he was in trouble. so he put a dry wall anchor back in to hole to hold it on, rather then pull the headliner loose. then taped around it. leaving the light green for us to match.

Attachments

• IMG_9655a.jpg
    IMG_9655a.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 180
Back