1979 Miller-Meteor

Miller-Meteor ordered 10 sets of jump seats for their Combinations in 1977, 1978 and 1979. When the plant was closed in '79 only 5 Combinations had been built
and the remaining 5 sets of jump seats were sold off to Superior. Any idea of how many of these still exist and where, especially the '79's?

79 M/M Combination

I have heard Butler Coach sold one Dr Brown/ Lt Brown Landau Traditional Combination to a Firm in Indiana somewhere. No word back from Butler about this?

I have heard Butler Coach sold one Dr Brown/ Lt Brown Landau Traditional Combination to a Firm in Indiana somewhere. No word back from Butler about this?

There were atleast two '77 combo's sold by Butler. One was operated by a funeral home in La Fontaine in later years. It was gray with a silver top. It did have a brown interior (this could be the car you are talking about repainted gray). It now belongs to Kevin Anglin in Iowa. The second was a light blue one with panels that was owned by the Steinke Funeral Home in Rensselaer although, I think it was in service before that in Lafayette. It was sold to Doug Scott, repainted black and sold in England. I also remember Butler having a gold '78 MM combo with dual spotlights.

Last edited:
Miller-Meteor ordered 10 sets of jump seats for their Combinations in 1977, 1978 and 1979. When the plant was closed in '79 only 5 Combinations had been built
and the remaining 5 sets of jump seats were sold off to Superior. Any idea of how many of these still exist and where, especially the '79's?

I thought M-M and all the coach builders built their own jump seats? Where did they order these from?

There were atleast two '77 combo's sold by Butler. One was operated by a funeral home in La Fontaine in later years. It was gray with a silver top. It did have a brown interior (this could be the car you are talking about repainted gray). It now belongs to Kevin Anglin in Iowa. The second was a light blue one with panels that was owned by the Steinke Funeral Home in Rensselaer although, I think it was in service before that in Lafayette. It was sold to Doug Scott, repainted black and sold in England. I also remember Butler having a gold '78 MM combo with dual spotlights.

The Brown I was referring to was a 79. A funeral home in Piqua was going to buy it, but Butler sold it. I'm really interested in info on the 79's and how many are still remaining where?

The Brown I was referring to was a 79. A funeral home in Piqua was going to buy it, but Butler sold it. I'm really interested in info on the 79's and how many are still remaining where?

When time allows, Ron Kind of Butler Coach, will try and find their '79 records of new coach sales. Hopefully he can find them!

It had red highbeams, I remember that! It was sold to Hall Funeral Home in Kingman, Indiana. That funeral home went out of business over the summer and the last I knew the car was still in the garage.

Back