new stuff

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I have been trying to get the starter rebuilt on my 53 and we have been stumbling over the the bushing on the communicator end. can't find a number for it. I know that I have had a few set of GM bushings around so we decided to check my new stock as memory has it but can't find it. I never did locate but 3 brushes and one bushing to small, but found a lot of stuff. I will give you a hint if you going to save the sleeves for the new belts you put on be sure and not only mark the location but the year and engine.

anyone need a new electronic ignition for a brigs and straton. can't be but 20 years old. I think I sold the wood splinter before I got them put in. how about a post for a gurney. one of the put it were you want it kind. it funny how much new stuff you end up with that for what ever reason it was ordered wrong on the car went down the road before it got put on kind of thing or I forgot I had one and got another. I mean who needs 3 new ballast resisters. here is the mess laid out and on the other side is the used stuff to poor to leave on. to good to toss. there is a little hoarder in all of us but I would let any of it go. I did final find a overhaul set off e-bay and it had both bushings in it so now the 53 starts like it's new. any one need 5 new starter drive end bushings for a 48 to 54 Pontiac straight 8 with standard shift? I know were they are right now.

Attachments

• IMG_4369.jpg
    IMG_4369.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_4366.jpg
    IMG_4366.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_4372.jpg
    IMG_4372.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_4381a.jpg
    IMG_4381a.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_4382a.jpg
    IMG_4382a.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 258
The belt sleeves look like the ones that I sent to you for the 1969 Miller Meteor. I could use the vacuum release / neutral safety switch for my car. I have bee dealing with it as a problem ever since the car came back east. All too often the back up lights stay on, and no matter how many times I adjust it, it never stays in adjustment. It is old and tired.

That one showed up for your car. But it is a 70 and is different.as I remember the peg is distorted on it they cast it out of plastic and it is out of shape were the shaft catches it. Which was the problem with yours.

if you wounder had a man can collect so much unused new stuff here one way. remember I'm have trouble finding the communicator end bushing. so they can get them at the car quest store going off the number for the front bushing. not by application mind you but off the front bushing number. so I saw get me three. one to put in the car one to put in the spare started to be gotten later and one to have. will the e-bay set cam in and they were correct so we rebuilt the starter with them. today the big bushings came in from car quest this is what I got. next slide I been removing bumpers today and I'm bushed.

here is my gift from car quest today. one was a older box relabeled. when you bought them you use to by them in a box of 5. thats is how we ended up with so many front ones also

Attachments

• 1953 comutater bushing.jpg
    1953 comutater bushing.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 158
Back