Hurricane Irma

Keep your head down and stay dry....

You can always come up here where we don't have hurricanes. In any case stay safe. You are in our thoughts.

We're in for the haul and appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I did manage to bring my treasures in to the living room today from garage for safe keeping. Of course I had to make promises to Terri in order for it to happen.

Attachments

• CA2.jpg
    CA2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 185
  • CA1.jpg
    CA1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 185
a man can get hurt worse out on the road. then compound the expense of running. who knows you could end up in the calm spoke and only get rain. :thumbsup:

And so Terri and I survived hurricane #9. Lost power for a couple days so used our generator. Backyard fence blew down snapping the posts off in the ground. Best part is my shed made it through the storm this time after I strapped it down and rigged up a weight inside to assist it from flying away. Tons and tons of leaves and debris in pool but pretty much back to normal. Need to purchase more fencing having already cemented new posts in the ground. Cemetery lost 4 big trees but no damage to monuments or markers. It will take a bit to get the trees cut up and moved. :eek:
RV park closed due to flooding and damage so hooking up here at the cemetery by maintenance.

good, glad the damage was down to small stuff. number 9 since you have been down there hug. the way the news people talked and talked and talked it was the only one that has even come ashore and the whole state was under 3 ft of sea water:rolleyes:

Yes, but how are the coaches?!

The funeral vehicles are fine. I'm so glad I moved my RV from the flooded park to the funeral home for safe keeping. The storm hit and there is flooding but I think what you're seeing with the media is their way of trying to cover up their miscues in forecasting the storms direction and force. I'm glad we did not evacuate our home and will stay for the next one which might be just around the corner with Hurricane Jose. It was an EVACUATION nightmare creating a state of panic.

My way of thinking the mass evacuation only dumps more economical hardship on people all ready stressed. If your living in a house that was built 20 years ago it's weathered a lot of storms. Trailer courts and RV parks are never safe places when large amounts of water is coming down. Or high wind.

Now if the city government could just look past there money grab and not allow building in any location that requires flood insurance most of these events would be things that just come and go.

My way of thinking the mass evacuation only dumps more economical hardship on people all ready stressed. If your living in a house that was built 20 years ago it's weathered a lot of storms. Trailer courts and RV parks are never safe places when large amounts of water is coming down. Or high wind.

Now if the city government could just look past there money grab and not allow building in any location that requires flood insurance most of these events would be things that just come and go.

We have a rental house built in the 40's and it has weathered so many storms and continues to stand. It passed with flying colors this last time as well.

Back