Superior garage art

Almost a 4 hour drive @ the buttcrack of dawn for an old yard that ended up only being open for 3 hours. Ugh.

Fun = finding Superior buses with seats.

Who can spot the Superiors?????

dsc03781i.jpg

dsc04008iv.jpg

Not fun = finding the seats removed in a heap at head of bus.

After sweating bullets to find the one seat per bus having an embossed back - of course it was second from bottom of pile - tools of persuasion really don't persuade that well when the item isn't bolted down for leverage...

Still, it was worth the effort. Excuse the grime. I'm not home to wash yet. I could wait to make it clean and shiny - but then you can't live vicariously through my field exploits.

dsc04674k.jpg

First embossed early logo I've come across. Earliest stylized SC logo found on a bus manufactured 7/59:

dsc04675nq.jpg

Verrrry cool detail noticed that Superior did on (appears to be) every wooden seat frame. Behind the galvanized backing plate (embossed or not), where not even visible to the naked eye:

dsc04653y.jpg

6 Superior buses yielded 4 embossed pieces, one factory painted tan (slight edge damage as found). While not a monster score today - my garage owes me a steak dinner!

dsc04673o.jpg

More tidbits~ Thought Superior built predominantly on Ford, although GMC and International were also seen. Still no plastic SC badges on individual seats as I had been led to believe. Starting to doubt this as true.

What year buses did Superior put these on the seats? There is a junk yard in town that has a few older buses. Might have to drop by and see what I can find.

I remember riding those buses.............when some of them were new!

Back