Hello Everyone

Hey, Johnny here and thought I would come in and tell everyone a little about me. Im 35, and im in love with old cars!! I have about 32 cars right now. Most of them are fixer uppers, but I drive them also. My biggest collection is 1949-1954 Chevrolets. My very first car was a 1950 Chevrolet 2-Door Deluxe. I still have that car also. I have some old fords, ( 1958 & 1966 Ford Fairlanes. 1962 Ford Galaxie and a 1966 Ford F100) and I have a Mopar. A 1954 Plymoth Savoy. The oldest car that I own is 1947 Chrysler Windsor. My latest purchase and what brought me to this sight is a car that I bought in Piggott Arkansas is a 1949 Chevrolet Barnett Hearse. If you Google it, mine is the rusty one.. lol Im wanting to restore it and need help from you guys and girls.

I work in Atlanta at the Atlanta Auto Auction where I inspect cars. I have been there going on 10 years. I have been around cars my whole life!

Welcome to the PCS and the website , Johnny!!!! There are a lot of great people here. They are very knowlegable and always willing to help in their area of expertise. A very friendly and laid back atmosphere.

You'll get a lot out of this group. Enjoy......

Thanks,
Mike :weneedpics_smi:

Welcome to the group, Johnny! I look forward to hearing about your progress on your car and seeing pics.

Sarah

Welcome to our forums.. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask..
Paul
PCS Vice President
Senior Website Administrator

Welcome Johnny you will find a lot of great information here there are so many good people here you have come to the right spot if you need anything don't hesitate to message me

Jonathon

Welcome to another Chevy Guy

Johnny,
Welcome to the site. You will get a lot of support, advice & info here. I googled it like you said. Is yours the one with the missing driver side headlight rim?

To me there is something special about the '49 - '54 Chevrolet Nationals & Barnetts.

Keep us posted on the progress.

yep, thats my car.. the rusty one!! LOL

Hey Joe, Yea mine is the one missing the left headlight trim and a few other things!! LOL I have a rear glass, but its too big for the hole and even wonder if its the right one? The front floorboards are gone, But have new ones on the way along with the gas tank. Oh yea! I was wondering what holds the spare tire underneath the car?? If one of you have pics of one, please let me know. I also went and joined the sight in the blue box, and still can't post and avitar or pictures???? Don't know?

Johnny, welcome to the PCS and to the website. We'll be glad to help you out any way we can. Look forward to seeing your Barnette and meeting you someday.

If I'm correct is that the one out of Piggott, Arkansas last year?

The rear door window is a standard glass piece for Chevy Sedan Deliveries (49 - 52). If the glass you have is larger than the opening it is not the correct one. But the good thing is that they can be found. Any '49 - 52 Chevy sedan delivery will do.

Is the interior gutted? If not then there should be a space under the wood floor when you open the driver side rear door for the tire

I have a lot of shots of your vehicle from a sale two years ago but nothing of the interior.

If not gutted, Is there a partition between the front cab seats and the rear compartment.

Here is a pic of the interior of a '51 Pontiac Barnett Combo. It is fairly similar to what you might have if you have no partition.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 113
Yea Joe, Mine came from Piggott Arkansas. I was leaving and drove through the tail end of the tornado's we had come across Birmingham that afternoon and then hit less than a 1/4 mile from my house in Warmsprings and Manchester GA. Talking about being lucky!!! Mine is'st gutted, But I am in the process of doing that. The boards are all rotton and floor pans are gone up front and some rust in the rear. I all ready have new floorpans on the way for the front. I also have the partition and its all still there. I would love to see the pics that you have. My email is johnnys1954chevy@yahoo.com. I thought thats where the spare tire went, but wasn't sure. There was a place for it under the car in the rear between the gas tank and rear bumper origianlly right? I would love to see more pics of the your cars also. Thanks again Joe

Thanks anyways Jeremy...Where ever your going to send me. LOL And Yes Adam, Your right, I am a guy!! LOL This is going to be fun group it looks like!!!!!!

Welcome to the PCS and to the Friends of the PCS Forums. You will find a lot of helpful people here, and even though I can't promise that you will find every answer to every question, I am certain that our members can help you to restore your car to its original beauty as best as possible. We have a couple of members (Tom & Jack Pinner) that were friends with the builder of Barnette cars, Guy Barnette. I am sure that they will also be helpful to you. Once again... welcome
Paul

Johnny, you're a brave and obviously dedicated man to take on this challenge but, we've seen much worse. From what we can see in your posted photos, most of the parts basic coachbuilders components are there or there is enough to replicate them with new pieces and, being a Chevrolet, I'd bet that the vast majority of the mechanical parts that the restoration requires are readily available. The lack of roller holes in the floor indicate that the car was a combination with a removable roller rack - as seen in the catalogue photos I sent you - and these should be available somewhere out there. I'm sure that through the PCS membership you'll be able to get all of the special parts required as well as support and encouragement as you bring this vehicle back to as new condition. We're all excited to see it when its done.If there's anything I can do to be of assistance, just whistle.

Back