5 hearses out for a new TV show filming

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
The Black Widow Hearse Club (Toronto Based) was asked to be in episode 7 of the new reality show starting Nov 4th on OLN (Outdoor Life Network) called
"Deals from the Darkside".

PCS members also in the BWHC in attendance were:
Darren Bedford (me!), Digger (Jen Baker), Scott Nellis and Miguel Gallego

Two of the BWHC members are characters on the show.
Stef Proctor is one of the main characters and her boyfriend Wayne Mallows appearing as a Jack the Ripper expert.

Wayne has his 1965 Cadillac S/S Hearse rented to the show.
He also had his 1979 Cadillac S/S hearse out for the club scene.

Scott Nellis had his 1968 Cadillac MM Hearse out for the club scene.

I had my 1960 Cadillac S/S Hearse and my 1962 Cadillac MM Futura Hearse out for the club scene.

Digger had her basement set up like a gothic funeral home visitation room with a used coffin on a old metal church truck.
We borrowed antique funeral home chairs from a local funeral home that actually still uses them for overflow crowds.

I also had a bunch of vintage funeral items displayed on old cabinets to look like a old embalming room type area. Cooling tables, glass embalming fluid bottles, hand held embalming pumps, make-up kits, etc.

To give it a creepy side I also had my real skeleton hanging on its rack, some skulls on the tables and a bunch of candle holders. I also had my 100 year old wicker removal cot displayed. A few very old wooden child caskets on stands as well.

The show is like American Pickers, but a little twisted. They come in and look at the items and try to buy a few.

LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE, AS THIS TYPE OF THING IS NOT NEW TO ME, REALITY TV IS FIXED AND FAKE ! I have done many TV shows, Music Videos and rented cars to movies in the past.

Check out a few photos of Diggers basement and a promo shot of BWHC member Stef !

More info on the show coming.

Let me know what you think of the pictures !

Darren

Attachments

• IMG_7843 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_7843 (640x480).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_7836 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_7836 (640x480).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_7859 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_7859 (640x480).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_7874 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_7874 (640x480).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_7900 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_7900 (640x480).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 945
Update...

Wayne has asked me to remove Stef's photo !
Can't be seen until the show airs in a few days.

I was a little excited to share the news of my friends latest venture.

There are lots of photos of her and everyone involved including the crew, all over the net if you type in the shows name on google.
Lots of info on the show as well that I didn't type in as I mentioned more on the show later as I didn't want to provide anything before it aired. If you want it now, just google and read all about it.

Sorry for the use of the promo to promote the show.

Looking forward to seeing my friends on TV.
Hope the show does well for you.

Darren

Website admin...

I sent a note to Paul to remove the photo but maybe he is away.

Can someone who has the ability delete it please.

Thanks,
Darren

Cool, looks like you guys did a good job of "set dressing". I've enjoyed my movie/TV work.

As with anything on TV, just because it isn't "scripted" doesn't mean it's totally unplanned. Very little happens that is unexpected in TV land....

I guess Paul is still buried in snow with the other 2 million people without power.

Too bad we can't alter our own posts on this group.

Anyway, still looking forward to the show starting this Friday !

Darren

jeeeeeeez.......... you went through a lot of work to set this all up! I think I used to have a few chairs like those in Bippus, years ago. Also had a few sections of very old wooden theater seating. Note the old standing lamp I use for my Halloween setup.

I always loved exotic lighting, especially deco. I have a couple gothic hanging lamps that I could make you a deal on, if you like. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 687
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 649
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 647
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 645
Tom

I will check out the lamps when I take a drive down to visit.

I really dig the mask. Is that the one piece molded skull and top hat made of rubber you can wear ? Is it for sale ?

By the way... the shows first episode is on in 90 minutes !
OLN - The Outdoor Life Network

Check it out if you get the station,
Darren

Darren, Just saw the show today on syfy.
Well done, I always love to see your coaches (and the others too). Can I have your autograph? :cool:

I was at a friend's house about a week ago and they had it recorded for me to see. I told them I thought it was Darren, from the PCS site. I caught it again on syfy and I heard Steve say "Darren", when Stef was in the coffin.
I know "reality shows" are fake, but this is one I will watch just to see more things to add to my wish list.

John, Josh H.

Jennifer (and Nick) from the Florida meet, emailed to tell me she saw it on the Syi-Fi channel about 2 weeks ago.

Glad you got to check it out.

I DIDN'T AND WOULDN'T SELL ANYTHING ! .....but on the show I did as with what happens on those reality shows.

It was filmed in Digger's basement with a combo of my vintage funeral stuff and some Halloween props thrown in for effect.

Josh R.

The candle holders are a few of the many I have in my Halloween prop collection. I dig them too.

I have been on a few different reality shows and they are all the same...
ANYTHING BUT REALITY !!!

I have a hard time watching those type of shows now.
Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, American/Canadian Pickers, Pawn Stars, etc...
They are all the same... just Entertainment.

Example:
Wrestling was entertainment = reality TV (fake, staged, planted, scripted)
UFC is real = REALITY ON TV

Darren

I just re-read this thread and thought I would add the missing photo so you know what was deleted originally.

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• Stef promo shot.jpg
    Stef promo shot.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 96
Me thinks TVO (ontario tv station) should follow Darren for a day,real time reality,do not know anyone as busy and adventurous as you my friend,would make for some interesting viewing.Lord knows it would be hard to keep up with you.:applause::applause:

Agreed! UFC is as real as it gets.

Is theres somewhere i can find this episode online Darren? I dont have TV. Would like to see this tho!

Paul

I am sure it is but I don't know where.
I will find out and post a link.

Maybe someone who's good at that stuff can help find it faster.

Thanks,
Darren

I have been on a few different reality shows and they are all the same...
ANYTHING BUT REALITY !!!

I have a hard time watching those type of shows now.
Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, American/Canadian Pickers, Pawn Stars, etc...
They are all the same... just Entertainment.

Darren

You are not the only one. Im finding it very hard to watch these shows anymore too. I knew they were fake, but at least they should make it look real. its gotten so bad that they dont even edit them worth a crap anymore, and somethings are so out of order. so the entertainment value is getting replaced by yelling at the TV. One of these days the people in the white coats will be knocking on my door...LOL

Back