Fake ... oops.. I mean "Custom" Chrysler 300 Hearse

Although I’ve heard about these interesting funeral coaches I have never seen one in person until recently. They are manufactured in Guadalajara Mexico by a conversion company that does all types of interesting vehicle conversions. And while I’ve seen images before and seen discussions about these cars it’s interesting to finally see one in person.

This car is originally a Mercury Grand Marquis sedan and was converted at what looks like a considerable expense and therefore the question arises why not just go ahead and start with an original Chrysler 300?

Enjoy… or at least try to

other than the ball cap top it's a good looking car. but folks see what your kids can come up wit if you don't let them play with match box cars.

The whole interior is Ford/Mercury Seats door panels window controls not just the dash. From the outside the top of the doors is Ford/Mercury windshield is same but the door skins are not and outside handles are not Crown Vic/Grand Marquis but are similar if not Lincoln Town Car. Again door skins are not Town Car either. It would seem a lot of hand work went into this. I sure would like to know how they did it. Be interesting to know if exterior is fiberglass or metal.

I think it looks quite nice and we all know about the legendary reliability of the Lincoln, Ford, Mercury 4.6 and 5.0 powertrain, but it really doesn't seem logical to do this conversion, does it?

Back