Poindexter/Eagle vs. Kellerman Coachworks

Basically, Poindexter is claiming that Kellerman took what he knew from Eagle and developed his own funeral coach under the name Platinum. Eagle of course does not like this as it is a "trade secret" on how they developed their 2012 XTS based coach. Kellerman hired former Eagle employees, also unliked by Eagle.

From what I gathered, Kellerman basically developed his prototype in his garage with the help of these former Eagle employees. Kellerman argued that the "trade secrets" are known through out the industry and Poindexter didn't have a leg to stand on.

Judge sided with Kellerman and denied the restraining order.:blahblah:

Basically, Poindexter is claiming that Kellerman took what he knew from Eagle and developed his own funeral coach under the name Platinum. Eagle of course does not like this as it is a "trade secret" on how they developed their 2012 XTS based coach. Kellerman hired former Eagle employees, also unliked by Eagle.

From what I gathered, Kellerman basically developed his prototype in his garage with the help of these former Eagle employees. Kellerman argued that the "trade secrets" are known through out the industry and Poindexter didn't have a leg to stand on.

Judge sided with Kellerman and denied the restraining order.:blahblah:

The Big question remains...... how long will Platinum Coachworks be in business before it goes under ? same with Micheal kellermans MK Coach is he selling enough of the "Van Conversion" Hearses to keep the doors open ? His web site says that a Lincoln is on the way ?

The Big question remains...... how long will Platinum Coachworks be in business before it goes under ? same with Micheal kellermans MK Coach is he selling enough of the "Van Conversion" Hearses to keep the doors open ? His web site says that a Lincoln is on the way ?

Probably not long. The only thing I can see saving it in this economy is if he can provide a quality product for a reasonable price. In this day of cremations on the rise, funeral homes will slow on buying new cars and recondition their current fleet. I would like to see it succeed as his design is fairly dignified and looks to be well thought out. I could see me looking for one when they are retired.

This is only my opinion.

The Lincoln is a 2014 and it is produced by MK Coach along with the MK-300 owned by Mike Kellerman. Platinum Coach is owned by Joe Kellerman who is only building a Cadillac XTS hearse. Finally Steve Kellerman (Joe's younger brother) is building van and SUV fist call conversions under the company K2 products. As for the longevity of Platinum and MK there is interest in both products from both dealers and customers. Platinum Coach just delivered their first XTS and having seen these cars their quality has surpassed other coach manufacturers.

Good grief, I went to high school and college with the plaintiff's att'y...small world.

And by the way, great pic of the Dexter Mausoleum on the K2 website...other Spring Grove pics too.

Last edited:
Back