1969 Cadillac M-M hearse for sale/trade

I've decided to sell the 1969 cadillac M-M hearse. Overall decent condition. All new brakes including brake lines, lowered 3" all the way around, 472 engine, matched set of wide-whitewall tires (great shape), 1950's Cadillac hubcaps, all glass is good including the windshield. Have the side chrome strips.
The bad: There is NO TITLE. I bought this out of Virginia and it had been scrapped at one point... Ohio title laws have blocked every effort to title it here using it's original VIN#. It runs & drives, I drove it to the new house with no problems. No gas tank, it runs from a 5 gallon gas can.

FOR SALE OR TRADE... Mainly looking for a non-commercial glass 1990-1992 Cadillac hearse, but other procars will be considered and i'm looking to trade UP (my hearse and cash to you) for a nice hearse. You know me guys, anything unusual i'm up for and cash waiting for the right procar.

Cash price on the '69 is $2500

nostalgicshot.jpg

streetshot.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

M-Mrearinterior.jpg

Dwayne, I wish I could get this, I had one just about like it, lowered and all (mine was only 2"), it is so close that when you got it I thought it may have been mine until I saw the interior. Anyways, have you tried to get a bonded title? A little expensive but might be an option.
Gotta love the 472. in my opinion it was the best engine Cadillac had.

does it have the VIN plate still spot welded to the cowl? What paper work is available from the Virginia seller? thanks

does it have the VIN plate still spot welded to the cowl? What paper work is available from the Virginia seller? thanks
Yes the original VIN# plate is still attached as well as the M-M build plate. I have a bill of sale and the info of the wrecking yard it came out of. Also have evidence of the funeral home that bought it new and ultimately junked it, they drove it to the scrapyard. How sad it was tossed aside like an old shoe.
The Ohio DMV inspection station immediately turned me away and I hurriedly left after hearing the words "I can assure you it'll never be on Ohio roads without its original paper title!" And I'm not interested in a battle with them. Someone out-of-state with more lax title laws or an Ohio collector with legal connections can straighten it out legally.
Ohio has the most strict title laws and there's not one single title service in the nation that'll deal with an Ohio resident... I've tried.

Dwayne, I have heard this about Ohio before and have had a few dealings that was trouble because of this and found no one in ohio will buy a car without a title knowing they can't get it registered. Ga. is very lax but this is good and bad being i could buy it and register with no problem as in Ga. if it is older than 1986 you don't have to have a title at all. Also 1963 was first title issued in Ga. so even if say you had a 62 or older and wanted to sell to someone in ohio it would still be a problem cause you don't have a title. We sell some stuff along at dealership without a title that goes out of state but make sure people buying know there is no way they will get a title so if they have a problem with their state just don't buy it.

My Pinner Chrysler was originally sold in New York, which in was a non title state. It was then sold to a Connecticut resident, and since it was more than 10 years old, Connecticut didn't issue a title. I purchased the car and transfer was made on the Connecticut registration, the method for transferring a non titled vehicle, and since I also live in Connecticut, no title was available. Now that I am going to move next door to Ron & Barb Devies in Ohio, does that mean that I have to leave my Pinner behind, because I don't have a title to register it in Ohio???

I think it depends on who you talk to. I bought my Ford Ranger from Michigan, where there are no titles, and got it titled in Ohio. They just verified the VIN number and issued me a title. (Michigan does have an official looking "Bill of Sale" that looks like a title and has the VIN on it, but it is not a title per se.)

My Uncle just got his fiberglass 33 Chevy titled in Ohio as an actual 33 Chevy. Not sure how he pulled that off, but he can be pretty charming...

once again it's all in who you get behind the counter. those states that will not issue a title are on record here. with a bill of sale from one of them I can title a car bought there in SD. all we care about is that you pay your taxes on it and the vin is not registered as stolen. if the vin got registered at the yard it will have salvage wrote on the title. this is all part of the big push a few years age to require all vehicals over 10 yeas old to be junked

I'm guessing Dwayne's problem is that VA DOES require a title, but he did not get one from the VA seller. That is probably more of a problem than my deal with my Ranger. Had he gotten the hearse from a state that does not require a title, he probably could register it here. Best option is to sell it to someone in a state that doesn't require a title on a bill of sale, that doesn't inspect the vehicle when you register it, then buy it back from that person. A hassle for sure, but could probably be done.

salvage title

If you have a title marked salvage in Ohio you have another can of worms to deal with. I have passed on some nice rides because there was not a good piece of paper to go with the vehicle. If the seller does not have a title in his name this is another reason to pass the deal. Jumping a title is against the law in Ohio. I don't know when Ohio got so spooked about paperwork on vehicles but it has been that way for some time now.
No office I have asked or dealt with was friendly. They acted like you are a criminal for even trying to get the papers right.
Mike

Now that I am going to move next door to Ron & Barb Devies in Ohio, does that mean that I have to leave my Pinner behind, because I don't have a title to register it in Ohio???

That is correct Paul, or you can send it to Georgia!!:yankchain:

I think it depends on who you talk to. I bought my Ford Ranger from Michigan, where there are no titles, and got it titled in Ohio. They just verified the VIN number and issued me a title. (Michigan does have an official looking "Bill of Sale" that looks like a title and has the VIN on it, but it is not a title per se.)

My Uncle just got his fiberglass 33 Chevy titled in Ohio as an actual 33 Chevy. Not sure how he pulled that off, but he can be pretty charming...

Todd, Michigan is a title state. I have personally seen a title issued in 1941 to a new Chevrolet that one of my friends bought from the original owner in 1969. I have never seen a Bill of Sale issued by this state and cannot find anywhere in the Secretary of State's website that allows a vehicle to be registered without a title with the exception of some trailers.

This is from the Michigan Secretary of State regarding titling a vehicle without a title:http://www.michigan.govhttp://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-48268-179824--F,00.html

I have registered a vehicle without a valid title here in the past. It took a police inspection of the VIN, a narrative on a form where and how I acquired the vehicle along with supporting documents (bill of sale from the seller).

The Secretary of State will run the VIN number for current ownership information. If it comes back with a valid owner's name and address the purchaser must attempt to contact that person. That issue didn't come up with my registration as the owner had left the state about fifteen years before. Because the VIN came back "Not on File" meaning that the records were purged due to non registration for a set period of time they would issue a new title that would void the previous owner's title. At least this is what the S of S told me.

In Illinois I have purchased cars without a titles in the past. As long as it is legitimately purchased, with bill of sale, a bonded title can be obtained through the Secretary of State. The state has a process you must follow to obtain one, but once it is successfully processed you get a regular Illinois title. Depending on the value of the vehicle it usually ends up costing around $300. In Illinois all cars must be titled.

As far as I know, all cars in PA must have a title as well. If you purchase a car without a title, you can fill out a form and file for a lost title. As long as you have a bill of sale for the car, it is not usually a problem. I don't know anyone who has not got a title eventually.

Talked to the person I bought my pickup from today an I was mistaken. It had a title, but the title is not required to be notarized in Michigan like it is in Ohio.

Back to Dwayne's car, it is a great deal for someone that can handle the paperwork.

Title Issue

The lack of friendliness at the DMV is not unique to Ohio. I am convinced that you are required to be a sour-puss/prick to even be considered for employment at the DMV in any state!

If you have a title marked salvage in Ohio you have another can of worms to deal with. I have passed on some nice rides because there was not a good piece of paper to go with the vehicle. If the seller does not have a title in his name this is another reason to pass the deal. Jumping a title is against the law in Ohio. I don't know when Ohio got so spooked about paperwork on vehicles but it has been that way for some time now.
No office I have asked or dealt with was friendly. They acted like you are a criminal for even trying to get the papers right.
Mike

The lack of friendliness at the DMV is not unique to Ohio. I am convinced that you are required to be a sour-puss/prick to even be considered for employment at the DMV in any state!

I have a cousin that has works at the one in town. She is one of the ones that take people on the road test. Most people hope to get her as the other woman is not nearly as friendly, to most people. If I had to deal with the public all day, people wouldn't want to be around me.

I feel so left out. here we go right the the county court house and talk to the counter treasurer. or one of the assistants. I have never had a problem and they are always helpful. if they can't find a answer among them selves in the office they get on the phone and talk to the people in Pierre to get the proper way to do things. it cost me 5 bucks each time I have to make a change in a title. just one more advantage of living out in the sticks I guess. I would not trade it for all the ya but's dangled in front of me.

Back