1971 S&S Medic I Cadillac Ambulance to the rescue

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Pictures and story at this link... http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120924/CARNEWS01/120929905

1971-S&S-Medic-I-Cadillac-Ambulance.jpg&MaxW=630

What a fantastic article! And a beautiful ambulance as well. But Mr. Steinberg, i thought you were the PCS President?! :) :)

Thanks for sharing!

Neat group of Pic's and info: I was amazed by the very unusual rear corner lights. Any idea how many of the S-S's were built of that model? :applause:

What a fantastic article! And a beautiful ambulance as well. But Mr. Steinberg, i thought you were the PCS President?! :) :)

Thanks for sharing!

This journalist was working on this article through the entire restoration process, documenting it for the owner. He interviewed me about a year ago, when I was the Vice President. Unfortunately, he isn't at liberty to share all the photographs that he took of the restoration, since they belong to the owner. I don't even know who the owner of the ambulance is, or even if he is a Professional Car Society member.

Neat group of Pic's and info: I was amazed by the very unusual rear corner lights. Any idea how many of the S-S's were built of that model? :applause:

I recognize the rear emergency lights as being 1967 Pontiac headlight housings and bezels. It was a common treatment of the S&S rear lighting from what I remember of other S&S ambulances of similiar vintage.

Attachments

• Consort.jpg
    Consort.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 721
  • 1967_pontiac_bonneville_convertible_96893391128207675.jpg
    1967_pontiac_bonneville_convertible_96893391128207675.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 667
If I'm not mistaken S&S used the 71-72 Cadillac headlamp bezels on these lights. At least on the 71-72's and maybe up to the 76's too.

If I'm not mistaken S&S used the 71-72 Cadillac headlamp bezels on these lights. At least on the 71-72's and maybe up to the 76's too.

Jeremy is right. These bezels were off the shelf items purchased from Cadillac and were 1971 headlamp bezels. S&S used these straight through 1976 if I am not mistaken. You gotta admit that have a rich look about them.

maybe just maybe some one needs to take the man for a ride in one 11 sec to 60? some needs to tune there high top.

Re: S&S Medic I to the rescue....

Paul,

Thanks for posting the Autoweek article. Sorry that I couldn't get your updated status into the article. When I submitted it a while back, you told me VP and the magazine ran with it!

As for the photos, these were made by me back in early 2011 or so. The car was restored long before I ever came across it. Not sure if Dr. Edward Dauer is a PCS member or not, but members can Google his name to see other pieces in his collection. I believe this is the only Pro Car that he has, though.

Back