WANTED: 1968 M-M rear load door latch assembly.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Wanted: Rear load door latch assembly for a 1968 Miller-Meteor coach. Can be from a hearse, ambulance, combination or flower car door. Needs to be in usable condition. Needs to be from a right hand hinged door. Needed for restoration project that I'm assisting on. Have tried a 71-76 M-M latch assembly and one of those will not work. Please check your parts cars and parts stashes and advise me on availability and cost. My email is j78ledford@juno.com. THANKS!

Jeremy, Is this the style of door you are working with? I'm sure you need the internal photos but car is in carport where I can't quite get panel off right now. If this is the correct door I will get car out and get internal photos as soon as possible.

Attachments

• 68rear1.jpg
    68rear1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 68rear2.jpg
    68rear2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 68rear3.jpg
    68rear3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 68rear4.jpg
    68rear4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 113
Thanks Rich!!! That give me (hopefully others) an idea what to look for. Don't do interior door shots if it gonna be any trouble though! THANKS!!!

a word of warning here that rear door handle is MM and rear only. I'm sure 68-69-70 are the same and it may go back to 66 but they did a big body change in 71. now I'm going to tell you I have never see one of these bad or at least that can't be easily repaired there is not a lot to them. clean with a little solvent and re lub is about all I have ever done on any car or truck. here is a 69 my fingers are on the trip were the handle plunger rest in the second picture

Attachments

• IMG_8846a.jpg
    IMG_8846a.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_8847a.jpg
    IMG_8847a.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 113
Back