Barbara bush's funeral

Mike McDonald

PCS Member
Curious as to the feedback from fellow PCS Members and Funeral Directors on the funeral home in charge of Barbara Bush's Funeral, the primary and back-up hearses used with no plates? THX-MM

Watched this service, very touching and richly deserved, many of us up here held her in the best regard,as for the coaches would it have something to do with it being a federal event,as I also noticed her secret service detail stayed with her till she was buried,and I loved the code name they gave her "tranquility" RIP .

no need for plated in the procession and that saves some one from buying the car and putting it on display. or selling it a BJs

Geo H. Lewis & Sons was the funeral home in charge of services. This is a premier SCI firm. If you saw the removal of Mrs. Reagan, the firm in California also had redundant coaches. Richard, any insight to this matter? Mrs. Bush was a class act and will be missed.

Geo H. Lewis & Sons was the funeral home in charge of services. This is a premier SCI firm. If you saw the removal of Mrs. Reagan, the firm in California also had redundant coaches. Richard, any insight to this matter? Mrs. Bush was a class act and will be missed.

SCI has an elite team of professionals who handle high end services such as Barbara Bush and recently Billy Graham. Her services were well planned and rehearsed awhile ago. Two FD's I know are on this elite team. You have to be the best of the best within SCI to get appointed to be on this team.
The only glitch I saw was when they brought the casket out of the church and the pall bearers lifted the casket, the church truck took off. I can assure you the team will review this many times to prevent from happening again.

Richard and Others: THANKS for the feedback. From observing other similar funerals I know that removing or blocking out the plates it a common practice (likely required by the USSS?).....normally though the window or rear door signs are still in place. Were these seemingly identical twin hearses brand new and yet to be out in to regular SCI service?

Richard and Others: THANKS for the feedback. From observing other similar funerals I know that removing or blocking out the plates it a common practice (likely required by the USSS?).....normally though the window or rear door signs are still in place. Were these seemingly identical twin hearses brand new and yet to be out in to regular SCI service?

Good question but can't answer.

Back