Show Us Your Nameplates!

Brad Ross

PCS Michigan Chapter President
One of my favorite things about professional cars has always been the nameplates. While they aren't actually part of the car, many were delivered new with nameplates, and many of us use them now to identify the cars as our own.

So, show us your nameplates!
Please also feel free to share others you have photographed or that are part of your collection (someone must collect these things).

I'll go first:

picture.php

Side nameplates

4251389052_e47682863f_z.jpg

Rear nameplate

4250617533_2c8982124b_z.jpg

I bought the ornate crucifixes to hang centered in all the rear windows, but the side glass ones tapped around too much so I only left one in the back window.

Here are a couple. First is the nameplate on my Henney. I like how it turned out, especially since Henney had the exterior-mounts for the nameplates. The second photo is a set I had made for the Cadillac that says "Clear Spring", the original owner. (These were ordered from Names Unlimited, by the way, very nice.)

The third is a nameplate that says "Oxygen Equipped". I bought this set years ago, and I use them when I do a movie job so something generic is there. I have a set that also says "Resuscitator Equipped" that I bought at the same time.

Attachments

• Nameplate.jpg
    Nameplate.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 490
  • Nameplates3.jpg
    Nameplates3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 518
  • Nameplates2.JPG
    Nameplates2.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 683
I want to get a couple of sets made, while we are on this subject--- What is the name of the company that is good to work with on getting them made?

Cool thread Brad !

I don't have any in my hearses except for the ones that came in my '62 Landau
that say SMITH.

I plan on getting them made as soon as I come up with something I like.

I may just get:

1962 MM LANDAU
1962 MM FUTURA
1960 SS LANDAU

It is just to identify the YEAR, COACH BUILDER and MODEL of each car for those who don't know.

It is kind of plain so that's why I haven't got them yet.

I could always get BEDFORD but that seams kind of plain too
but may be the best "fit" to make it look like a funeral home name
although it is just my last name.

Any ideas from anyone else ?

Darren

Cool thread Brad !

I don't have any in my hearses except for the ones that came in my '62 Landau
that say SMITH.

I plan on getting them made as soon as I come up with something I like.

I may just get:

1962 MM LANDAU
1962 MM FUTURA
1960 SS LANDAU

It is just to identify the YEAR, COACH BUILDER and MODEL of each car for those who don't know.

It is kind of plain so that's why I haven't got them yet.

I could always get BEDFORD but that seams kind of plain too
but may be the best "fit" to make it look like a funeral home name
although it is just my last name.

Any ideas from anyone else ?

Darren
I would go with Bedford, but thats just me.

Josh

Darren,
I agree with Josh on "Bedford". That way, when pics are taken at meets and other places, your name is in the Windows. Who knows, pics of your beautiful cars could easily end up in books and other publications. There would be no question as to who the owner is.

Why not have a few different sets of nameplates, and change them whenever you feel like something different.

For some other ideas, how about the coachbuilder's name such as "Sayers & Scovill", "Miller - Meteor", etc. just as they used to do in their factory photos and brochures.

I am sure that whatever you choose will look great. :thumbsup:

I had two for the side doors made up ...W.C. Hiltz KENTVILLE N.S. ( the funeral Home from witch the coach came from) and one for the back door..
..EUREKA COACH COMPANY TORONTO, ONTARIO

Ny favorite so far have been Steve Lichtmans "Oxygen Equipped" with the wacky letters, Atti's, bone yard find "Morning Glory", The "Scully Bros", Tony's "Karsnia / DeWinter", and the "VanDemark" .

was looking in things today and found the one in Brendon's car. and the other one is all I have left of the one that was in my 75 cb

Attachments

• IMG_9504a.jpg
    IMG_9504a.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_9506.JPG
    IMG_9506.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 354
Plates

Ny favorite so far have been Steve Lichtmans "Oxygen Equipped" with the wacky letters, Atti's, bone yard find "Morning Glory", The "Scully Bros", Tony's "Karsnia / DeWinter", and the "VanDemark
Plates

I have a set in script and block .I asked my brother first to see if he was ok with his name on a hearse.:cheers:

Attachments

• DSC01401.jpg
    DSC01401.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 626
  • DSC01399.jpg
    DSC01399.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 431
Daniel

Up until a couple years ago, that one with the website and club name would have been correct.

Now it is the professional cars international's website and the Professional Car Society's name.

Maybe its time to get the drumel tool out and zip off the website !

You could always make a name plate with just that website if you wanted to keep it and still use it.

I know you are a member of both but its just wrong in my opinion to keep the two together.

Lou has never done anything to me personally but I know he would rather have those two lines separated as well.
I don't think he is a fan of the lower line and the PCS isn't a fan of the top line.

It's unfortunate the whole situation happened but so is the need to have an army to protect your country. Shit happens.

:drama:

Hey, it's your name plate. Do as you please.

:my2cents:

Just my opinion,
Darren

I had our logo placed on clear plastic panels and we use that in our hearses. I also had our logo cut by a vinyl sign shop and that is placed in the pinstrip line on our sedans and limo.

Attachments

• 2011-07-02_16.27.08.jpg
    2011-07-02_16.27.08.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 2011-07-02_16.27.29.jpg
    2011-07-02_16.27.29.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 306
Back