Tpc-183

Mike McDonald

PCS Member
Just received TPC-183 in the mail. GREAT information and pictures on the
"Evolution of High Top Ambulances". THANKS to Tom McPherson, Walt McCall, Brady Smith (and any others) for all their hard work and sharing their knowledge in this publication. MM :applause:

I agree Mike, I am reading mine from cover to cover, and have reserved the rest of the issue for right after I get home from work tonight. An excellent read! I also found it fascinating that the Guardian ambulance featured an optional "germicidal" ultra violet light in the back that supposedly sanitized the back within minutes!

I also didn't realize until this read that the Guardians also featured electrical ports outside the rig, just under the rear bumper.

After all the hype, M-M executives must have been sadly disappointed with the lackluster sales performance of this flagship offering. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of potential buyers of this product and their reasoning as to why they didn't pull the trigger on making the purchase; was it the high price, or the appearance of this monstrosity? I'm also curious which was more expensive, the M-M Guardian, or the top of the line S&S Professional hightop.

Tpc 183

TPC arrived yesterday and it is fantastic! In the Letters to the Editor, you can see how much of a gentleman Walt McCall is, by his ownership of an error. We are very fortunate to have Mr McCall and crew doing our magazine.

Tpc 183

Speaking of that on page 16 ,is not the 76 a S&S not a Criterion ?

Attachments

• 20191103_113732_resized.jpg
    20191103_113732_resized.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 744
  • 20191103_113737_resized (1).jpg
    20191103_113737_resized (1).jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 777
I noticed the rear tunnels on the "Criterion" looked suspiciously like 71-72 Cadillac headlight bezels, and noticed the limousine style rear glass, but never put 2+2 together other than that. Never dreaming that the editor(s) would miss such a glaring error! To me that would be like the author of a photocopy machine history textbook calling a photocopier a Spirit Duplicator, or calling a mimeograph machine a photocopier! :p

You have to remember they are all volunteers.for one error to pop up that this group could point out is not bad.

Tpc 183

You know the printer could have mixed pictures up. I think you guys are beating this up too much. The guys are volunteers doing a great job for us cut them some slack.

Not trying to beat anyone up, just looking for clarification for my own knowledge. Magazine is always great.

You know the printer could have mixed pictures up. I think you guys are beating this up too much. The guys are volunteers doing a great job for us cut them some slack.

Agreed, I wish I would have kept my big mouth shut as I absolutely loved this issue of TPC...my very favorite pro-car is high-top ambulances! With low-top ambulances a close second. Moderators feel free to remove my last post if you'd like as I didn't mean any ill will whatsoever, and I apologize.

No need to keep quite about things. No need to get excited about things either . One has to remember the staff has taken a couple big hits here. Brady's stroke now Tom's. it effects them more them we really know.

Error

TPC arrived yesterday and it is fantastic! In the Letters to the Editor, you can see how much of a gentleman Walt McCall is, by his ownership of an error. We are very fortunate to have Mr McCall and crew doing our magazine.

My "Letter to the Editor" was a private email ( or so I thought ) with Walt McCall. It was never intended for publication. My point was I wish they had a better system of proof reading or proof readers so some of these mistakes could be corrected before it goes to print. In my case, the text was "retyped" and errors were made. Not the end of the world but a simple proof read would of caught these mistakes. I was in no way looking for a apology from Walt. Mr. McCall has given more to this club than anyone could ever begin to repay him for and I appreciate his dedication all these years. I'd be more than happy to volunteer my time as a proof reader ( as I'm sure others would ) all they have to do is ask. Nobody is perfect, mistakes happen. With team effort a simple mistake will be less likely to fall through the cracks. With this being said I appreciated seeing the article and pictures in print. For the past 25 years I have always looked forward to my next issue of TPC.

My "Letter to the Editor" was a private email ( or so I thought ) with Walt McCall. It was never intended for publication. My point was I wish they had a better system of proof reading or proof readers so some of these mistakes could be corrected before it goes to print. In my case, the text was "retyped" and errors were made. Not the end of the world but a simple proof read would of caught these mistakes. I was in no way looking for a apology from Walt. Mr. McCall has given more to this club than anyone could ever begin to repay him for and I appreciate his dedication all these years. I'd be more than happy to volunteer my time as a proof reader ( as I'm sure others would ) all they have to do is ask. Nobody is perfect, mistakes happen. With team effort a simple mistake will be less likely to fall through the cracks. With this being said I appreciated seeing the article and pictures in print. For the past 25 years I have always looked forward to my next issue of TPC.

I see your points tim, you make lots of sense. My comment was in no way intended to be a criticism, rather praise for Walt McCall's response, as the true gentleman he is. And yes, Mr McCall has given plenty to our club, as I have said many times, we are very fortunate to have him.

One of the things we need to visit. At he next board Meeting is adding some help to the committe. The key word being help. What they need should be up to them. But a little more depth might be in order to keep things going smoothly.

Back